Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dennis Lehane's adaptations were all good (Mystic River, Shutter Island, Gone Baby Gone)

especially Gone Baby Gone which was debut film of Ben Affleck as a director

don't want to spoil you the details, but imma recommend it pare

9/10

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Roses View Post
      anyone watch death at a funeral? if so, would you recommend it?
      Give it a miss. Possibly the worst movie, with the greatest cast i can think of at the moment. The movie tries too hard to keep you entertained, but goes nowhere. Weak plot.........in all, a weak comedy.

I'm not so sure what the the actors saw in the script (perhaps some just wanted to work with others for the sake of it - ala 'The Score' with Norton, DeNiro and Brando)....It's a remake of a poor British film, that's actually worse then the original. 4/10.

Comment

Hot Tub Time Machine-

Granted, I saw this movie whilst wasted but I thought it was hilarious. The whole time travel thing isnt unique but the way it's set up is though. The whole thing with the bellman's arm had me

9/10

Clueless - (i know wtf )

I feel like a **** ***** for enjoying this movie so much. **** is just hilarious to me.

8/10

Comment

Great White Buffalo

Great White Buffalo

Great White Buffalo

Great White Buffalo

Comment

Originally posted by black.ink View Post
            Give it a miss. Possibly the worst movie, with the greatest cast i can think of at the moment. The movie tries too hard to keep you entertained, but goes nowhere. Weak plot.........in all, a weak comedy.

I'm not so sure what the the actors saw in the script (perhaps some just wanted to work with others for the sake of it - ala 'The Score' with Norton, DeNiro and Brando)....It's a remake of a poor British film, that's actually worse then the original. 4/10.
            thanks man....

Comment

land of the lost

starring will ferrell and some other ****s, crap movie, dont watch, beware

1/10

Comment

Just watched " A Serious Man" by the Coen brothers.

Its about a Jewish teacher who's wife leaves him for his best friend, his brother sleeps on the couch, his kids are out of control and hes up for tenure. He seeks the advice of 3 rabbi's on a search for answers.

Very original film. The Coen brothers deliver another great dark comedy like they did with Burn After Reading, and Fargo.

Its set in 1967 Minnesota. Great film, very funny. The dialogue was amazing. Ending was weird.

9/10

A better ending makes this a 10/10.

Comment

Valentine's Day -

Loaded cast, that's basically the only reason why I bothered. Typical chick-flickish lovey-dovey type of plot/dialogue. I was also wasted when I watched this movie and IMO, it tried TOO hard. Making 100 people connected somehow just doesn't transfer well into film, good "idea" I guess but def. didn't work out. **** gets too complicated and you lose track of WTF is going on. I'll watch it again if my girl wants to, other than that - no.

5/10

Youth in Revolt -

If you enjoy "teen" themed comedies like Superbad, etc. you would probably enjoy it. Plot isn't very original but the movie is funny either way. Not LOL balls to walls OMG this is the most hilarious **** ever and i need to hop on tweeter/facebook and myspace to let the world know! kind of funny but enjoyable. Michael Cera is perfect to play the ***** whooped *****.

7.5/10

Comment

You didn't catch my post R!z... you must of been drunk.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                      You didn't catch my post R!z... you must of been drunk.
                      ive been thinking this whole time! dont rush me

i remember it was in the movie but please refresh my memory. i was seriously hammered when i saw it

the **** with the bellman's arm was my favorite lmaooo

Comment

Working...
                      X