No announcement yet.

big Winning boxing equipment (+other) reviews

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• big Winning boxing equipment (+other) reviews

I use winning pro velcro gloves MS 600 B style (white, 16oz.) and their FG-2900 headgear (black) for sparring. I got these for christmas, and have used them nonstop for months now, so I have a good feel for them.
    http://www.winning-usa.com

I use top ten headguard + cletos for my amateur fights. (I'm an amateur boxer out of Detroit).

I have used all kinds of equipment. Used to use all grant stuff, have used everlast stuff (lower end stuff from a while back), and fightgear (my friends headgear) as well. I'll be comparing everything to give my opinion on what is the best.

REVIEWS

FG-2900 headgear - As far as protection goes, I think it is on par with the winning with facebar ($320). When I put this on, and tuck my chin, I really feel like I'm in a fortress. I have probably sparred twenty times in the last couple of months, and have never even been scratched. (have to look pretty for the ladies...)

I don't like the top ten Bayflex guard for sparring. It just doesn't absorb enough of the blow. You really feel it in your neck (don't know why?) the next day! But for competition, the top ten guard it is really light with sick visibility (because it is so thin).

The visibility on the Winning headgear is very good, but I would not recommend it for real fights.

The fit is nice, and it doesn't move when you get hit.(that's alot in my case) (Especially by Manny's Kronk guys!!)
    I got the large size, and my head is about 32 centimeter circumference.

By the way, the Everlast durahide headgear or whatever its called (like $30 or something) sucks!! It provides like no protection from anything, and your visibility will be worse, so just don't use it (your head will thank you).

NEXT...

Pro velcro gloves MS 600 B style (white, 16oz.)

I've got to tell you. My first impression was less than stellar. They were big compared to my cletos, and did not feel like pillows (like some say). After one sparring session, however, my opinion changed.

I can bang pretty good, and always have had some hand/wrist pain. With these, there is none. With that being said, they don't dish out the same kind of pain that my good old cletos do.

Use these for sparring. Only use these in a fight if you physically can not use cletos or grants.

Final thoughts
    If you are in the market for non-competition headgear, just buy this one. Just do it. (if you prefer the facebar style, and have 320 bucks to blow then get that). Don't get the gloves unless you need them.

Random stuff
    Oh yeah.. I also got the jump rope from winning. Its nice, but don't get it if you don't have money to blow. Your 5 dollar one from wal-mart will work fine. They sent me one of those little keychains for free with my order. Just met a a fine woman at a party the other day. The winning customer service people are from japan and speak hilarious english.

Cool, I can post pictures of all my gear later.
    Last edited by Pound 4 Pound; 02-05-2008, 10:15 PM. Reason: my head is not 32 inches around that would be huge

I was planning on picking up a set of 16oz winning's after hurting my hand in a sparring session...Do they offer more hand protection than any other gloves you've tried?

Comment

Originally posted by 4GvnSnr View Post
      I was planning on picking up a set of 16oz winning's after hurting my hand in a sparring session...Do they offer more hand protection than any other gloves you've tried?
      Yes, significantly more. They really help a lot. Obviously use hand wraps if you don't.

Comment

Why are Winning Products so much more expensive than your average boxing equipment?

Comment

Your head is 32" circumference? I hope you mean 32 cm. My waist is 32" circumference.

Good review, though. I will probably get Winning when my current Rival headgear wears out.

Comment

Originally posted by fraidycat View Post
            Your head is 32" circumference? I hope you mean 32 cm. My waist is 32" circumference.

Good review, though. I will probably get Winning when my current Rival headgear wears out.
            Yeah 32 centimeters, not inches. Too bad though...

Comment

nice review. by the way, you use the Velcro model. do you know if the pro model has any constructive differences (besides it being laceup).

im guessing it's the same.

Comment

i wonder how the hand protection is compared to the title gel training gloves?

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ng-gloves.html

i heard these are great

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
                  nice review. by the way, you use the Velcro model. do you know if the pro model has any constructive differences (besides it being laceup).

im guessing it's the same.
                  I talked to the customer service guy, and he said they both are made of the same materials. The only difference is that the velcro glove is slightly bigger inside to make it more comfortable. It is also easier to get on and off. Since i'm only using them around the gym, that's kind of nice.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsmash69 View Post
                    i wonder how the hand protection is compared to the title gel training gloves?

http://store.titleboxing.com/title-g...ng-gloves.html

i heard these are great
                    never tried them.

Comment

Working...
                    X