Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More recognizable by face in 2014, Ali or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ali and Tyson are 'the' faces of boxing. Old, young, non-boxing fans, non-sport fans...people know who they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
      In Dempsey's time he was the most popular athlete in the world. The Heavyweight Champion then was granted that honor. No one I know has a clue who Wlad is by pic or name!
      Ali is easily the most famous pro boxer that ever lived, his photo was recognized in the most obscured areas in the world! He was the Greatest!
      this and nothing else!

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

You're kidding yourself massively if you think the traffic would stop in New York if Ali was in Times Square

Maybe in 1975-1985. Not now. But that's because he's old and dying, it's normal.
        Ali goes to Times Square right now it would take only a couple minutes for the love to surface... NOOOOOO DOUBT WHATSOEVER...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXyIW-88hV0 ... Is Floyd Mayweather more recognizable than Ali in 2014? Let's find out...
          Obviously it's Ali.

Just look at the latest Porche commercial. No need to bring up names. Everyone knows who it is immediately.

Comment

If your not a boxing fan i doubt you know either tbh. A couple friends of mine didn't even know what Kobe and Iverson looked like.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
              And i saw quite a few celebrities who are much more famous than both combined that know one paid mind to it doesnt really prove anything unless a full scale servay was done and my money would be on Floyd. Of course people would wait for Ali or Floyd if it is pre arranged .I already covered the reactions would be different still has nothing to do with whos more recognisable NOW. Ithink Ali will still be more famous than Floyd when the Mayweather celebritie status dies down ,but as of NOW ,no ithink Mayweather is more recognisable to the general public .Most everybody invisions Ali of the 70's not the 2000's.
              No you haven't. Name them.

Comment

Ali is still and will always be the Face Of Boxing Globally! First name comes up when people talk about Greatest Boxer Of All Time Ali name still comes up instantly

Comment

Ali goes to Times Square right now it would take only a couple minutes for the love to surface... NOOOOOO DOUBT WHATSOEVER...

Yeah it probably would but it still wouldn't stop traffic in New York Just a SLIGHT exaggeration there.

It's 2016 man, it's not 1980.

Muhammad Ali visited my hometown in 1983 and he shut the whole city down. If he came to my hometown now, there would probably be 100 people there at most.

Same way when Mike Tyson came to the UK in 2000 he shut London down, London streets were chaos. He then came back again in 2009 and no one really cared.

Comment

Tell u what. Let Ali walk into ANY arena...let Floyd walk in at the same time... there is NO QUESTION, no doubt whatsoever, that Ali receives more attention. Kids DO know who he is, still. Ali is "GOD like" in this world...if Ali stepped foot in Times Square right now today traffic would stop for hours... Floyd would get a lot of attention but traffic isnt STOPPING... because here is the main ingredient of it all. People KNOW Floyd but they dont LOVE Floyd, he is absolutely not iconic... people LOVE Ali.
                    Yeah but you're arguing something different now. Floyd could be more recognizable by notoriety than Ali currently. I agree with the earlier poster that if people saw Ali currently in his old age, they'd have to really follow sports/boxing.

Comment

Ali's story is embedded in the history of this country.
                      Floyd Mayweather Jr. is just a really good boxer.
                      Its not even close. We will be talking about Ali 100 years from now. Floyd not so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X