Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transition from sparring to actual fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transition from sparring to actual fight?

Is it much more intense the transition from sparring to an actual scored fight? I know the gloves are smaller and obviously its more intense. But is the whole transition pretty intense i sparr quite a bit, and sometimes our sparring sessions get pretty intense.

So is it a huge transition, can anyone explain they're experience how it feels from going into your first fight and how different it is?

Anyone????

Comment

i'd say yes it is when i do hard sparring in the gym its still at a fast pace and all but when i've been in bouts peoples technique go out the window and people just try to rush you with hooks.. the bell will ring and they will sprint at you from their corner i think its because when you first start out and you've never boxed before you got a crowd watching you and you've never been in that situation before you give it your all and you just come out swinging but they usually tire themselves in the first round i think thats what i hate most about amatuer boxing is that when you first start out its not really whos the better boxer its whos the better brawler but as you fight more fights the opponents get more experienced and tend to box and are alot more calmer rather than trying to rush you. i hope this is what you were asking for

Comment

^^^ ya man thanks, i like to brawl sometimes but know i shouldnt cause i get hit alot more when i do, i guess if the guy does this to me i should just stay cool and try and box. The only thing is im known for having hard punches maybe id be better to brawl?

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
          ^^^ ya man thanks, i like to brawl sometimes but know i shouldnt cause i get hit alot more when i do, i guess if the guy does this to me i should just stay cool and try and box. The only thing is im known for having hard punches maybe id be better to brawl?
          nope...stay cool...tryna brawl will decrease ur punch power as ur form will go out...people often think they need to throw a hard punch for power..technique technique..good hip movement and str8 line punches bring the hardest...and to answer ? it is waaaaay diff fighting than sparring...lol...my first match i was like "I'm in gr8 shape i been sparren 10 rounds easily..." then..lol..whew after first round of first match..i was woooore out lol....i won and convincingly...luckily tho 3rd round we both were wore out otherwise he may have won in that round alone if not...

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
            Brawling only gets you so far as time goes on and you have more experience your opponents will also have more experience all it takes is a guy with decent footwork and a good jab to frustrate you even if he's not as strong as you he'll still be scoring but if your fighting a brawler and you think you can out brawl him go ahead

Comment

Working...
            X