Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unwritten Rule To Get Decision Over Saul Alvarez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah he's getting that Oscar treatment, Trout I had a draw but yeah I understand Canelo win , Mayweather him getting the draw was a disgrace, and now with Lara.

He's Oscar 2.0 as far as preferential treatment most likely have 1 judge in the pocket. It easier to face dangerous opponents when its like that.

But props to Canelo for taking the fight and doing his thing.

Comment

Yeah this is totally true. I had Canelo winning last night 115-113 but the 117-111 card was totally fraudulent. 9 clear rounds is necessary for a split decision win and a UD win is pretty much impossible. That's boxing for you. Ive been making slow but steady moves unto the UFC and judging is partly why.

Comment

You underestimate the situation . The strategy is pretty clear now because they have repeated it always get 1 judge so at least the balance is in your favor and the robbery is not as clear. CJ Ross + Levi Martinez

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          You need to win at least 9 dominant rounds since there's always a judge or two strongly in his favor

7 or 8 rounds isn't good enough. They'll still find a way to give his azz the fight
          Stop it with this crap and stop acting as though Erislandy Lara won last night because running in order to avoid punches doesn't translate into beautiful boxing, and there's no unwritten rule either but there is a written one that says you have to fight to win!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
            Stop it with this crap and stop acting as though Erislandy Lara won last night because running in order to avoid punches doesn't translate into beautiful boxing, and there's no unwritten rule either but there is a written one that says you have to fight to win!
            Lara landed enough punches to win the fight. He didn't do enough to make it clear, but Lara could easily have gotten that decision if we had 3 fair judges rather than 2 and a 3rd on the take.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
              as a Floyd fan I'm glad and relieved that this Saul Alvarez business is done and over with. I hope Floyd doesn't rematch him. Floyd escaped with the MD like you two said the first time.

If Floyd's 0 was to go via robbery, that'd be real bad for boxing

I think floyd vs ortiz was the worse fight ever to happen to boxing

Comment

Originally posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
                why do people act like lara just ran and that's it??? lara landed all the telling blows while canelo's "body shots" mostly hit elbow, hip and back.

look at the mega gallery for this fight, almost all photos are of lara connecting because canelo barely landed anything meaningful. body shots don't mean anything if the majority don't land clean.

http://www.boxingscene.com/photos-ca...gallery--79872

best punches canelo landed throughout the entire fight was one uppercut and straight right and that's it.

Comment

Pretty much... It also helps when you have Mexican American judges at your side.

Comment

Prime Don King >>>>>>>>Haymon

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Floyd Mayweather drew on one scorecard despite winning every freaking round. That still blows my mind.
                      me too, i had floyd winning every single round that night...

Comment

Working...
                      X