No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Brook: There is No Way That I'm Losing To Alexander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Brook: There is No Way That I'm Losing To Alexander

KELL BROOK is aiming to turn a dream into reality when he challenges for the IBF world welterweight title next month.

Sheffield’s Brook will lock horns with champ Devon Alexander in Detroit on February 23 and says he is in the best shape of his life.

And that, he believes, will help him fulfil a dream he has had since he first walked into the famous Wincobank Gym of Brendan Ingle when he was boy. [Click Here To Read More]

Yes there is it's called a unanimous decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
      Yes there is it's called a unanimous decision.
      Reading your comment did make me chuckle, hearing Kell's ambition and passion for the fight with words destiny n'all and then to be so bluntly shot down was hilarious, I'm still laughing. Sometimes the comments on this site are brilliant.

Seriously though, I agree. Kell has earned this fight but I think the lack of experience at world level will tell in this fight and Kell will lose on points but learn alot in the process. I think Kell is heavy handed and that will help him but Alexander is a level or two above him in experience and discipline and that should win him the fight on points.

I have so much respect for the way Alexander handled Maidana, watching that fight was for me like a matador vs a bull. He showed bravery and skills to contain a very live and dangerous albeit crude opponent that night. I think it was his best performance and he showed he has the ability and mentality of a champion, I've never seen Kell do that, where he's dominant but always in danger.

Kell knows what its like not have it all your own way from the Carson Jones fight, but that was after building an early lead and he just needed to survive to get the W. This time however I don't think he will have his way from the start and although I see him finishing the fight on his feet, by the time he figures out what to do it will be too late. He should be coming in to the fight in great shape, but ring smarts and tenacity will probably see Alexander to a clear and well earned victory. I don't see Kell being a pushover and that's good for Alexander, good for Kell and good for us so it should be good to watch and I look forward to it.

This is boxing though and anything can happen but my money is on Alexander.

Comment

After watching both fighters over the years I don't see how Alexander wins if he fights the way he has recently. I really like Brook. I think his power is a lil overrated but he does have the speed to match or surpass Devon and he does have a good chin. Devon showed he has mental weakness when things get tough when Bradley was roughing him up and Kell showed a lot of grit and heart when Jones was roughing him up. I honestly haven't seen Alexander look really good since he fought Urango. The Maidana fight was better than his last fight but that is it. He has tools and a decent skill set but I just don't see the fire that it takes to be a next level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by luke1979 View Post
          Reading your comment did make me chuckle, hearing Kell's ambition and passion for the fight with words destiny n'all and then to be so bluntly shot down was hilarious, I'm still laughing. Sometimes the comments on this site are brilliant.

Seriously though, I agree. Kell has earned this fight but I think the lack of experience at world level will tell in this fight and Kell will lose on points but learn alot in the process. I think Kell is heavy handed and that will help him but Alexander is a level or two above him in experience and discipline and that should win him the fight on points.

I have so much respect for the way Alexander handled Maidana, watching that fight was for me like a matador vs a bull. He showed bravery and skills to contain a very live and dangerous albeit crude opponent that night. I think it was his best performance and he showed he has the ability and mentality of a champion, I've never seen Kell do that, where he's dominant but always in danger.

Kell knows what its like not have it all your own way from the Carson Jones fight, but that was after building an early lead and he just needed to survive to get the W. This time however I don't think he will have his way from the start and although I see him finishing the fight on his feet, by the time he figures out what to do it will be too late. He should be coming in to the fight in great shape, but ring smarts and tenacity will probably see Alexander to a clear and well earned victory. I don't see Kell being a pushover and that's good for Alexander, good for Kell and good for us so it should be good to watch and I look forward to it.

This is boxing though and anything can happen but my money is on Alexander.
          Listen, let's not give Alexander too much credit. Maidana is a limited fighter. Period. He's a hard puncher, but has come up short against every top opponent he came up against. You talk about Kell surviving to get the W. But at least he fought his heart out to make sure he got it. He didn't quit when he was in trouble. Let's be honest here, in every fight Alexander has stepped up he's looked crap. Against Mathysse, he lost. Cut the crap and let's be honest - it was a homecooking. Against Kotelnik, he could have lost. Against Bradley, he quit and the HBO will most likely never show him again. Maidana is limited, but I'll give him his props for that and the Urango fight. Bailey threw the least amount of shots EVER in a title fight. If he didn't win that one, I don't know what he'd do. Alexander is the favourite, because he's better known and has fought better opposition. Fair enough. But talent wise, size and power - Kell Brook is ahead. This guy can really be a star. Let's see. I'm willing to bet on Brook if anyone wants it.

Comment

it's not in St Louis, so Brook's got this
            Alexander the twat has been thoroughly exposed
            he's fast, but that's pretty much it
            Bradley ran him outta the damn ring
            Kotelnik walked him down and bested him both leading and countering
            Lucas beat the hell out of him to the body and the head
            Brook's not as good as these guys, but he can outpoint the twat
            the twat has no defense, and he sucks under pressure
            long as Brook is the aggressor all the way he'll get a UD

Comment

Looks to me this will be a great fight. Some of you are seriously underestimating Alexanders abilities, which are actually "elite". Sometimes his style is ugly to me, but I won't let my dislike for his style blind me to the fact he is one of the best. I think Kell is really ready to step up, but I don't see him beating Devon.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayallday9 View Post
                Looks to me this will be a great fight. Some of you are seriously underestimating Alexanders abilities, which are actually "elite". Sometimes his style is ugly to me, but I won't let my dislike for his style blind me to the fact he is one of the best. I think Kell is really ready to step up, but I don't see him beating Devon.
                His abilities to squeel like a girl when he throws a punch or the holding throughout the fight? Other than that, there's not much to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                  it's not in St Louis, so Brook's got this
                  Alexander the twat has been thoroughly exposed
                  he's fast, but that's pretty much it
                  Bradley ran him outta the damn ring
                  Kotelnik walked him down and bested him both leading and countering
                  Lucas beat the hell out of him to the body and the head
                  Brook's not as good as these guys, but he can outpoint the twat
                  the twat has no defense, and he sucks under pressure
                  long as Brook is the aggressor all the way he'll get a UD
                  One thing I always say about Devon, is that nobody seems to ever account for IMPROVEMENT. He was a young fighter when he fought all of those guys and has improved greatly since then. So talkin about how he did against Bradley and Matthysse mean nothing.

Comment

Alexander is going to have a coming out party against Brook. This will be the first fight since Bradley that he won't have to worry about legitimate one punch knock out power. Alexander has had time to get used to the weight and is as hungry for an exciting win. Brook will find himself at the wrong place and the wrong time. He will take the beat down that Maidana got times 10. Never seen a thread so one sided and so wrong. The crazy thing is that, if Alexander is so bad, why is he never the underdog. Bloggers don't know, but boxers know. Every opponent from Urango up to and including Brook can be quoted saying Alexander will be their toughest opponent ever. Everyone on this post will be quiet as a church mouse or full of excuses after Alexander beats Brook down and finishes him!
                    Alexander by KO in 10.

Comment

Working...
                    X