Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did Joseph Parker do that's better than Hughie Fury?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    Might be true - But that still doesn't take away that he has a crap resume.
    Parker should have moved to the 'States or Europe a year or so ago. As another poster said: it has been difficult for him to secure 'progressive' fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
      Why do you keep calling this fight "cagey" FFS? Fury vs Wlad was a cagey affair. Haye vs Wlad was cagey. This wasn't remotely cagey.

It wasn't a wild sloppy slugfest like Whyte vs Joshua, but that's because Takam actually has some skills and a bit of boxing IQ. Whyte's one of the rawest so-called prospects I've seen in a long time. Awful technique, no footwork to speak of, and a defence that consists of blocking punches with his face.

I didn't think much of him before the Joshua fight and I don't think much of him now. Joshua should be ashamed for even making that a fight.
      Because it was a cagey affair? Denying it just makes me realise you didn't watch it. Very simple.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just disagree.

Comment

• Originally posted by yoz View Post
        Parker should have moved to the 'States or Europe a year or so ago. As another poster said: it has been difficult for him to secure 'progressive' fights.
        I'm sure there will be some interest very soon. he's been taking some learning fights, it's good.

But he should relocate to UK and sign with Warren or something. That'd be good for him.

Comment

Because it was a cagey affair? Denying it just makes me realise you didn't watch it. Very simple.

That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just disagree.
          I've seen the fight several times and I simply don't see what you see. Neither does anyone else on this thread, it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
            I've seen the fight several times and I simply don't see what you see. Neither does anyone else on this thread, it seems.
            You mean the one other poster who posted about it?

Saying it was a war is completely RIDICULOUS. And if Takam didn't fight on the backfoot behind the shoulder roll, then show me. That's all I ask.

Because I just rewatched the fight again, and it was exactly what I remembered the first time I saw it. Povetkin walking forward with relatively small effects, Takam popping out the jab with solid defense.

Then ended with a good KO. That's it.

Comment

Saying it was a war is completely RIDICULOUS. And if Takam didn't fight on the backfoot behind the shoulder roll, then show me. That's all I ask.

Because I just rewatched the fight again, and it was exactly what I remembered the first time I saw it. Povetkin walking forward with relatively small effects, Takam popping out the jab with solid defense.

I think the only question here is would you sleep with Hughie Fury ? Again I don't believe we need to hear you answer it to in fact know the answer.

Hughie is British.

Takam vs Povetkin was a good fight and the Frenchman showed he could hold his own against the gold winner, matching him in a few departments although ultimately outclassed come the end by Povetkin's superior skill and precision power punches.

I fail to see what their is to dislike about Parker, and in comparison to Hughie he is an outstanding prospect, they both are. Fact is if Hughie was facing Takam it would be a superior win than his win over Rudenko, that tells you everything you need to know in where these guys are at or will be at if Parker wins next month.

Right now Hughie should be considered around the same stage Parker is, but as has been mentioned before Warren and Hennessy promoted fighters do not gain mainstream promotion as much as the likes of Joshua. I fail to see what Patker would achieve by signing with Warren, the British promoters seldom do business with each other unless mandatories are ordered and by your own admission you say you're more excited to see Joshua fight his fights on Sky because of how they market their men with their stranglehold and huge msrketing budgets as opposed to a Boxnstion fighter as you claim their marketing is poor at least by comparison. It's ok to swept along like the casuals, we understand your plight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                I think the only question here is would you sleep with Hughie Fury ? Again I don't believe we need to hear you answer it to in fact know the answer.

Hughie is British.

Takam vs Povetkin was a good fight and the Frenchman showed he could hold his own against the gold winner, matching him in a few departments although ultimately outclassed come the end by Povetkin's superior skill and precision power punches.

I fail to see what their is to dislike about Parker, and in comparison to Hughie he is an outstanding prospect, they both are. Fact is if Hughie was facing Takam it would be a superior win than his win over Rudenko, that tells you everything you need to know in where these guys are at or will be at if Parker wins next month.

Right now Hughie should be considered around the same stage Parker is, but as has been mentioned before Warren and Hennessy promoted fighters do not gain mainstream promotion as much as the likes of Joshua. I fail to see what Patker would achieve by signing with Warren, the British promoters seldom do business with each other unless mandatories are ordered and by your own admission you say you're more excited to see Joshua fight his fights on Sky because of how they market their men with their stranglehold and huge msrketing budgets as opposed to a Boxnstion fighter as you claim their marketing is poor at least by comparison. It's ok to swept along like the casuals, we understand your plight.
                I honestly only read the first line You can't keep a straight conversation about boxing. It's cringey and tedious.

I feel sorry for you.

Comment

I honestly only read the first line You can't keep a straight conversation about boxing. It's cringey and tedious.

I feel sorry for you.
                  You read it all becaus you couldn't help yourself. Fact is the first line just set the tone in which I needed to get my point across to you and the rest pretty much sums up what everyone else is thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott.Weiland. View Post
                    You read it all becaus you couldn't help yourself. Fact is the first line just set the tone in which I needed to get my point across to you and the rest pretty much sums up what everyone else is thinking.
                    I didn't read it all no

If you want to discuss boxing, feel free to discuss it with me. All the rest, I don't read it so consider your time wasted.

Thinking what exactly? That I think Takam isn't that good? Wow, I'm saying that openly. Or that I think Hughie and Parker are super talented?

You must be a genius sir. Kudos for figuring that out all on your own.

Comment

Would that one poster be Scott.Weiland, mlac, (.Y.) or denium? They all disagree with your assessment from what I can see.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Uh, I just did. The HL vid ring a bell? But how about you show me Takam fighting the whole ten rounds off the backfoot throwing nothing but a cagey jab, since you seem so convinced that's how the fight went down.

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post

So you just blanked out the bodywork, the heavy lefts and rights, the vicious head snapping uppercuts, all the phonebooth stuff both fighters were doing? Your assessment of the fight is completely off the mark, and like I said, literally no one in this thread has backed you up on it.
                      Last edited by Fury4daWIN; 04-16-2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X