Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

6 page thread over Floyd eating junk food?

Comment

is manny misleading his fans by doing a hennessey commercial? i mean if they try drinking some before a fight....

Comment

On his livestream, he just said that he never stretches before he runs or before any boxing training.

Last edited by cupocity303; 04-24-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure any fighter inspired by him is also aware of his work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
            On his livestream, he just said that he never stretches before runs or any boxing training.

lol, u take him too serious bro...hes a haughty guy.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              lol, u take him too serious bro...hes a haughty guy.
              No, I'm not taking him serious.

Just taking him at his words and adding on to this thread topic, thas' all.

Of course I'm not taking him serious, I know he is lying. And he isn't nearly clever enough to pull of a Muhammad Ali, I.E. I can punch faster than you can blink type sarcastic comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
                Floyd misleads the audience into believing that he eats fast food and lives off of soda, while working hard. He is like a magician unwilling to show the secrets to his tricks. Doesn't show sparring footage (well except for the recent one where he probably underperformed intentionally), pretends to eat bad food even though he has a Nutritionist & cook who make him healthy foods.

He is sending the wrong message to those who are inspired by him and his success. Even when asked by interviewers what advice he would give to up and coming fighters, he spews some phony bull**** talking point that doesn't help. And obviously he has said that he doesn't wanna be a Boxing training after he retires but rather sit behind a desk "like a boss".
                I think at a certain point we become much too critical of athletes, and take what they say, what they do, what they eat as the gospel. It isn't that and was never meant to be.

If guys are that gullible to follow someone step for step, then they deserve what they get. No one was put on the planet to follow the path of others and writing in context, any trainer worth his salt will encourage a healthy diet to up and coming boxer's. So, young guys {With even a decent trainer} will most likely understand to take what Floyd does with a grain of salt.

So, is it a big deal ....... no.

Something to talk about ...... maybe.

How many times do we have to revisit Barkley's statement "Athletes are not hero's and were never meant to be" don't blame the athlete for living their lives as they see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
                  6 page thread over Floyd eating junk food?
                  Yeah, ........................... go figure!!!

Comment

So he shouldn't do his boxing mind games before a fight because a kid might actually think that fatty foods, soda, betting, and amusement park fun is the way to go?

Floyd can do whatever he wants, no one has to watch and mimic what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                      What the hell are you on about? He basically works 24/7, training even when he's retired/vacation and he's somehow misleading cause he wants to eat KFC once in a while? It's called MODERATION. There isn't some magic recipe... are you that delusional? It's called genetics, insane work ethic and starting boxing at a very very young age. He has openly shown and stated he has a nutritionist, he's not pretending. If his message is anything its work your ass off and you're entitled to reward yourself.

Floyd trains like a maniac even during midnight, has always been in supreme shape has never looked drained or weak and has been very successful in both the amateur and pro game. OP watches 2 scenes of him eating fast food and everything else is irrelevant?. Floyd isn't Tony Robbins, he has always emphasized hard work and dedication and he absolutely embodies it. Not to mention countless fighters who have worked with him saying Floyd has taught them a lot and given them advice.

Anyone with a brain capacity of a 8 year old would not be misled into thinking that eating fast food every day gets you to where Floyd is at.
                      Great post!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X