Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bigger bi t ch move, Floyd asking ginger to fight at 147 or...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
    the difference is Floyd is just speculations and Ward actually refused a catchweight and fought the LHW lineal champ at 168
    Let me spell it out for you - Dawson said on TV "I will fight you at 168, I can make 168 easy"! Ward held him to that! Canelo NEVER said he would fight Mayweather at 147 and in fact Mayweather is the one that demanded Canelo fight at 147. HUGE DIFFERENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      the difference is Floyd is just speculations and Ward actually refused a catchweight and fought the LHW lineal champ at 168
      I'm pretty sure Dawson called out ward after a fight and said he would go to 168.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
        Ward asking Dawson to drop to 168? Both would have to lose 7 pounds which is a lot. Dawson did it and it showed in his performance.
        My opinion is that they are equally bi tch moves. Ward should have gone up to LHW and take that strap from Dawson just like Floyd should go an take that strap from ginger it is after all the WBC strap and u know how Floyd loves those green belts
        Dawson asked to go to 68, and who's asking to fight who in Canelo/Floyd?

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
          Let me spell it out for you - Dawson said on TV "I will fight you at 168, I can make 168 easy"! Ward held him to that! Canelo NEVER said he would fight Mayweather at 147 and in fact Mayweather is the one that demanded Canelo fight at 147. HUGE DIFFERENCE!
          Demanding or letting him know if he wants a fight it has to be at WW?
          So you know WW is a real division, and Floyds best division.
          But I guess it depends on who you want to have the advantage.....

Comment

Ward was minding his own business when Dawson asked to come to 168 and fight him. It was all Dawson's idea and not a challenge from Ward. Ward just accepted Dawson's challenge so it was not a ***** move. Floyd made a big deal out of fighting Cotto at 154 so his win over Cotto would look better than Pacquiao's KO of Cotto. He said he only fights guys at their best weight. The weight they are comfortable at.He won the WBA 154 pound superchamp title over a year ago. He and his father both say Canelo is nothing special and an easy win for Floyd.Then when he is asked to defend his title against Canelo, the regular WBA 154 pound champ and Floyd's mandatory, Floyd says 147 top weight or no fight. Big ***** move. He does not want to risk his 0 against Canelo so he demands Canelo make a weight he can't possibly make and not be totally drained. If Floyd gives up his 154 pound title and says he is too small to fight Canelo or the other top 154 pounders I could respect that. He should not keep a title he has no intention of defending. It ties up the title so other good fighters can't have a chance to win that title.

Comment

This why I say nobody on this board has any common sense . This posturing they will fight next May and it will be a bigger fight then. They never intended to fight in Sept and they will fight at 154 when it does happen

Comment

canelo asked for mayweather but doesn't want to come down

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

It's funny Canelos camp mention this catchweight thing and everyone runs with it without hearing Mayweathers side, lol. Love both fighters, but for people bashing mayweather, whats the difference when pacquaio fought cotto at 145 but clottey at 147.. and wanted the same cotto whom mayweather beat at 154 at a CATCHWEIGHT of 150-151 lol. You die hard fans are something else.

Comment

dawson wanted it at a catchweight and ward people didnt want to

Comment

canelo is little too big for mayweather i think people just want to see him lose floyd is naturally a welterweight

Comment

Working...
                      X