No announcement yet.

NWO: Chad Dawson

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NWO: Chad Dawson

Dawson's set to fight Pascal soon. That's a good fight. But it's really the only fight worth watching at 175 right now. There just ain't much going on there beyond that. Cloud is a decent fighter, but don't do much for me. If Pascal were to beat Chad, odds are they'd rematch. But it's still a 2 man show there. Dawson's talked about moving down to 168 before. If he can make it comfortably, I hope he does it. The super 6 winner might wanna jump to 168, but that's not gonna be for a while still.

I saw a thread on a Dawson-Bute fight that got me thinking about it. The guys outside the super 6 looking in are Bute, Steiglitz, Andrade, and Bika. Bute's the only one who's really good, but the other guys are still viable opponents for Chad if he goes down, and probably more interesting than anything else at 175. If Dawson beats Pascal, you guys think he should drop down, or should he just stay where he's at?

IDK if he can make 168 safely if he is coming into fights at 190+, he should just fight Pascal then give this hypejob Cloud a boxing lesson if he manages to get past Johnson, and wait for some 168 guys to come up to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
      IDK if he can make 168 safely if he is coming into fights at 190+, he should just fight Pascal then give this hypejob Cloud a boxing lesson if he manages to get past Johnson, and wait for some 168 guys to come up to him.
      Chad looks strong at 175 but he don't really look like a big guy at that weight. I was surprised at him going in high like that. If he beats Pascal decisively and they don't rematch, Cloud's there. I'm just not excited over that fight, or Cloud against anyone really. Not sure what Glen has left but I'm sure if Cloud beats him handily the talk will be hot about him facing the the Dawson-Pascal winner. LHW is just boring me lately. If Chad comes in 15 lbs over or something like that in August, I agree he better stay put instead of draining himself. If he don't balloon up, I still got my hopes up to see him go down. He's too good to be sitting around collecting dust in a stale division.

Comment

Chad Dawson is the best fighter from Heavyweight down to welterweight until you reach Floyd & Pac. But I think he can beat anybody in the world in his weightclass or the ones above or below him. I think he could take anybody in the super 6 or Hopkins.

I think the Pascal fight will be a good fight though like the 1st Glenn Johnson fight. But Dawson should take it. Then obviously Cloud is next, who knows maybe he'll be the younger version or Glenn Johnson and be able to take Dawson like in the 1st fight also. But I doubt it.

I don't think he drops to 168, I think he waits for them to come to him in the next year or two and then starts building his legacy. I think he'd be a nightmare for Ward. If only Hopkins would man up and fight him. I respect Hopkins and have been a fan ever since I got into this sport but Dawson makes the most sense. He won't get any big money regardless so if he really wants to be relevant take out the most relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          This sounds about right. If Chad beats Pascal, beat Cloud and wait for new challengers to step up from SMW. I'd luv him to fight Bute tho. I'd pick him in that one 4 sho. Doubt he ends up movin down.

Comment

I wouldn't mind a rematch between Cloud and Johnson. That fight was pretty good and close all the way. Cloud had too much trouble with Johnson for me to believe he'd beat Dawson if given the opportunity. I'd pick Pascal over him too. Physically, it's probably too late for Dawson to try going down in weight by now. If he wins against Pascal, Cloud is next in line. Beat him and then bring on the 168 lbers. Going to them would be a mistake.

Comment

Hope he can return and get a few wins

Comment

why is hopkins fighting pascal and did not want to fight dawson?

what is dawson doing atm?

Comment

Originally posted by LDB15 View Post
                  why is hopkins fighting pascal and did not want to fight dawson?

what is dawson doing atm?
                  Simple; Dawson is too young and too fast. Hopkins knew Dawson would be too much for him. I'll give him a pass for that since he's in his mid 40s though. I don't blame him for not fighting Dawson. I'm picking Pascal to beat him, but he's a much more beatable opponent for Hopkins than Dawson. This is the perfect fight for him to retire with if he can win it.

At the close of the Pascal-Dawson fight Merchant mentioned that Dawson should fight Cloud. I wanna see that fight if Cloud wins in his next defense. I got Dawson in that one, but this is a nice match at 165 we haven't already seen yet.

Comment

yeah i agree, i want to dawson fight cloud but im surprised dawson hasnt even signed for a fight yet, pascals is under a month away and dawson hasnt even signed one.

unless he is just waiting for cloud, i dont know but im looking foward to him getting back in the ring, i think if he fights cloud and wins he should rematch pascal, he could of done so much better but it just seemed like he didnt want it....

Comment

Working...
                    X