No announcement yet.

Trying to get sponsored for Basketball

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Trying to get sponsored for Basketball

I'm going to be competing in a summer league this coming summer in an adult league near my home, and playing in a large tournament, which is one of the biggest in the country. It's going to be a team of 7, the only problem is funding. I've contacted all the local businesses around me, and so far all I've got is one company to donate our uniforms, but I need more than that.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing before? Anybody know any good ideas of potential sponsors?

Thanks guys.

Originally posted by ATWA View Post
    I'm going to be competing in a summer league this coming summer in an adult league near my home, and playing in a large tournament, which is one of the biggest in the country. It's going to be a team of 7, the only problem is funding. I've contacted all the local businesses around me, and so far all I've got is one company to donate our uniforms, but I need more than that.

Anybody have any experience with this kind of thing before? Anybody know any good ideas of potential sponsors?

Thanks guys.

What tournament is it? And alot of it is going to depend on how stacked your team is. That's the selling point. Sell them on your talent. Tell them how many ex-pro/division 1 players are on the team.

If this is one of the biggest tourney's in the US you need to go into a business saying were are looking for sponsors and we will wear an advertisement for you, allow your business to display the trophy for a year or two or keep it, blah blah.

But you have to wow them with real talent. Unless the business is just a very small local one your going to have to produce a very legit squad. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. I had to stopped playing in tournaments with my buddies in like 8th grade. It's all business, especially when cash is involved with open tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by -GBGQ- View Post
      What tournament is it? And alot of it is going to depend on how stacked your team is. That's the selling point. Sell them on your talent. Tell them how many ex-pro/division 1 players are on the team.

If this is one of the biggest tourney's in the US you need to go into a business saying were are looking for sponsors and we will wear an advertisement for you, allow your business to display the trophy for a year or two or keep it, blah blah.

But you have to wow them with real talent. Unless the business is just a very small local one your going to have to produce a very legit squad. Otherwise, it's a waste of time. I had to stopped playing in tournaments with my buddies in like 8th grade. It's all business, especially when cash is involved with open tournaments.
      Its the 2009 Cedar Beach/Stellar Tournament, teams from all over the country compete, luckily, it's a close driving distance to me. I told all the companies we will wear their **** and the whole nine yards, I said that we would thank them in our interviews on the tv, radio, whole deal. I hope it works out.

Comment

Originally posted by ATWA View Post
        Its the 2009 Cedar Beach/Stellar Tournament, teams from all over the country compete, luckily, it's a close driving distance to me. I told all the companies we will wear their **** and the whole nine yards, I said that we would thank them in our interviews on the tv, radio, whole deal. I hope it works out.
        If the tournament is that big you seriously have to field a really legit squad. I wouldn't enter it unless you have at least 4 D1/high caliber basketball players and also at least 4 6'6'' or above players that have played with each other before and can run offenses.

Don't get it twisted your going to run into teams of guys that have been playing with each other for years and they will be running plays and if you guys aren't ready for that.......it's going to be a blowout son. Even the older teams are dangerous.

Comment

I will buy a part of you if you like.

Comment

Working...
          X