Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner on DeMarco: This is Like Mayweather-Corrales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah,except DeMarco is no Corrales and BRONER IS DEFINITELY NO MAYWEATHER.

Comment

The problem (no pun intended) with this theory is FMJ fought completely different early in his career than he does now. FMJ at lightweight never stopped moving, in and out, lateral movement. Darting in with combination's and counters, always on his toes. The style that Broner has adapted is the older version of Floyd... Wide stance and walking down opponents with pot shots. He can't compare this fight to FMJ/Corrales because Broner doesn't fight like a lightweight FMJ... Not even close.

Comment

lets remember that Before the Mayweather-Chico fight, it was a 50/50 fight where Floyd was a slight underdog going into the fight. Broner is a 4 to 1 favorite against demarco.

Comment

Originally posted by Dolemite View Post
          The problem (no pun intended) with this theory is FMJ fought completely different early in his career than he does now. FMJ at lightweight never stopped moving, in and out, lateral movement. Darting in with combination's and counters, always on his toes. The style that Broner has adapted is the older version of Floyd... Wide stance and walking down opponents with pot shots. He can't compare this fight to FMJ/Corrales because Broner doesn't fight like a lightweight FMJ... Not even close.
          True that. LW FMJ was a beast. When I think back to that guy I can't help but feel a little embarrassed for some of the things I've said about Floyd in recent years. Easy to hate on WW Mayweather.

Comment

Me thinks the clock is ticking on this kid..he's got all the talent in the world but his mouth is eventually going to write a check his chin won't be able to cash. I wish Bronner the best in the future but the kids head is wayyyyy too big wayyyy too fast..Considering every single ounce of footage i've seen of him when he's not in the ring it's surrounded by people kissing his azz I can totally see him hitting a few bumps in the road down the line..I would say with the exception of floyd most gifted boxers have for that very same reason..you start believing the hype and forget what got you there in the first place.

Comment

what a joke. i hope demarco ko's this hypejob already im tired this clown. demarco is no coralles pre-floyd, valero beat broner to that. pretty pathetic comparison on the part of fanboy broner. already trying to give himself more credit then he deserves if he happens to win. guerrero already charged this clown up after broner called out ghost and broner turns tail and signs for demarco. since broner wants to compare himself to floyd well broner- de leon was mayweather-castillo since broner lost that fight but still got the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Motofan View Post
                Did you hear his reception at the fights this weekend? Even non message board fans boo the **** out of him and his morbidly obese hair combing diabetes having dad. But it will never be as effective as Floyd's act. Broner is an epiphone and Floyd is a Gibson. The clone is never as good as the original.
                He may never be as great as Floyd, but he could be a heck of a fighter. Lets see how he does Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Wasn't Corrales was a top 5 P4P fighter when Floyd fought him.
                  no but he was very good and in his prime

Comment

Originally posted by Dachamp1 View Post
                    I like De Marco but Broner is gonna whip him. Broner is the future of boxing.
                    and broners your future boyfreind

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                      Me thinks the clock is ticking on this kid..he's got all the talent in the world but his mouth is eventually going to write a check his chin won't be able to cash. I wish Bronner the best in the future but the kids head is wayyyyy too big wayyyy too fast..Considering every single ounce of footage i've seen of him when he's not in the ring it's surrounded by people kissing his azz I can totally see him hitting a few bumps in the road down the line..I would say with the exception of floyd most gifted boxers have for that very same reason..you start believing the hype and forget what got you there in the first place.
                      Very possible.

It's also possible he recognises that there's an entire market waiting to be captured when Floyd retires, and he's putting himself in prime position to be the one who captures it.

Comment

Working...
                      X