No announcement yet.

Check out my last fight - TKO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Phantomas View Post
    Well dude, Iīve seen tons of boxer wannabes that look just like him, most of them donīt get too far.
    Congrats, it takes a big person to admit he has no clue what he's talking about. And of course you've seen plenty of fighters that look like him...because that's how most fighters look after 5 amateur fights. 99% of fighters no matter how they look will ever be on TV or heard of. At the VERY least though this guy has the balls to actually get in the ring, and even bigger is he's posted it for guys who don't have those balls to critique. I don't know you and you're probably not a bad guy, but you're analysis had no depth and lacks any wisdom to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by WarMaidana View Post
      ya man you know him?
      I just recognized him. He is on that tv show "Warriors: TKO". Seems like a nice guy. Heard of him before too . Does Kelly or Conan still fight?
      Last edited by Ring Leader; 06-22-2012, 01:43 AM.

Comment

good win and keep up the hard work. that said your opponent wasnt very good no way else to say it lol. you need to get looser and use more upperbody movt/feints. i also dont like the position you keep your hands but to each his own. i think you should at least experiment with this because you square up alot so pull your back arm back towards your cheek more and extend your jab slightly more. give yourself a better lead angle and use your jab as a rangefinder.

Comment

Good job my man...... Opens the bout with a jab to the body, very nice. And then continued to score through out the bout with that jab to the body, few newer guys do that. Those are the easiest points to score in amatuer boxing. I would recommend immediately following the jab to the body that you then stick one up in his face quickly, the right hand counters can come quick and by sticking one up to his face after you will often deflect the right hand counter or atleast be able to tuck your chin behind your shoulder for protection.

Tighten up your combos, meaning dont pull back to load the gun, just fire it straight from where it is. For only 5 fights you did very well. Keep workin' hard and you will keep growing. Once again, nice job man.......Rockin'

Comment

nah not really trying to achieve a dream, i just do it for fun man. Wanna have some fights, have fun and do as best as i can. Im to old to actually try and go somewhere with it
            how old are u?

Comment

Im in the red. This is my fifth fight, guy was inexpereicned, it was his first boxing fight but he did Muay Thai and Jujitsu before so atleast had some ring experience. I had to move up a weightclass to fight him too. I think TKO was a bit early but i think I would have finished him any second after.

Thoughts? Advice?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LJ43q3GlTI
              Congratulations, bro! Nice to see one of our own in action.

A few guys have already offered some insight I would've made (and much more). The one thing I want to hammer home, since it's already been mentioned more than once, is to shorten-up on your punches. When you "load-up," you telegraph your intentions; you slow yourself down; you expend greater energy; and you leave yourself open to counters.

(By the way, that TKO would only be early in the pros or with much more experienced amateurs. I'm sure the ref agreed with your assessment that you would've finished him any second.)

Comment

Hey man, don't post much here but I stopped in to say I thought you did really well. Some things I observed which might help you in the future (sorry if I'm restating what others have mentioned):

-I noticed that in the first half of the first round, you turned the tide in your favor very quickly by winning the war of jabs. Your timing was better, and you eventually set up your offense behind a jab very well, which your opponent had no answer to. A great tool I think you could add to your arsenal would be the basic slip/counter; slip outside the opponent's jab, and come back with a quick straight right. After throwing many single jabs, that's what your opponent expects and tries to counter with his own jab. I think it would have been great to feint, slip to the side, and come back hard. But again, you did well with the jab.

-Try moving your upper body a bit more to avoid being predictable. Also, if you step at an angle while throwing before moving in, it becomes much harder to time you coming straight in. Both of those things will make you more fluid and open up opportunities for you offensively while reducing your body/head area as a target.

-Good bodywork to score points and do damage while his guard was up; I'd try to shorten them up a bit and try for short pivots rather than looping shots. Also, don't overextend yourself. You're not a short fighter, and while that doesn't mean at all you shouldn't hammer to the body when you can, it favors you to be in short when going to the body, or at range; the inbetween leaning forward is where a fighter can get caught by a wild counter from a panicking opponent.

-You had no trouble at all timing your right hand flush on his face as he stepped forward. That's a great asset, I liked that.

-Jabs to the body were good. A little more conviction would be good, but you scored well touching his abdomen and maintained range when doing so.

-Allow me to suggest a few more combinations. As I said before, you did well with the single jabs in terms of timing, but they become predictable and your opponent can score with their own jab. Throw the double jab, perhaps with a right hand behind it (I'm sure you practice this a lot on the mitts, but that's one thing, it's harder in the ring.) After you land the right successfully, I'd try coming downstairs with a short pivoted left hook, and back up with another straight right hand. Body-head-body-head is a good combination rhythm. As a tall fighter, I like to mix up a jab and right to the body, a jab to the body and right to the head, or a feint with a right hand to the body followed by left hooks up top. Like I said, getting no pause on combos is easy on the bag and harder in real life, but the effects are very rewarding once you manage to get it right and apply it with an opponent.

You're more experienced than me in terms of actual competition, and it shows in your composure and disciplined form. Hope I could offer you something useful from an outside perspective. Good luck man!

(PS: How'd you get that footage to come out so clear on the 2nd angle?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ring Leader View Post
                  I just recognized him. He is on that tv show "Warriors: TKO". Seems like a nice guy. Heard of him before too . Does Kelly or Conan still fight?
                  man i never knew he was on a TV show ill have to check it, not sure about conan, i know kelly took some time off but he has been around training for a bit now

Originally posted by johncods View Post
                  how old are u?

Comment

Originally posted by Bogotazo View Post
                    Hey man, don't post much here but I stopped in to say I thought you did really well. Some things I observed which might help you in the future (sorry if I'm restating what others have mentioned):

-I noticed that in the first half of the first round, you turned the tide in your favor very quickly by winning the war of jabs. Your timing was better, and you eventually set up your offense behind a jab very well, which your opponent had no answer to. A great tool I think you could add to your arsenal would be the basic slip/counter; slip outside the opponent's jab, and come back with a quick straight right. After throwing many single jabs, that's what your opponent expects and tries to counter with his own jab. I think it would have been great to feint, slip to the side, and come back hard. But again, you did well with the jab.

-Try moving your upper body a bit more to avoid being predictable. Also, if you step at an angle while throwing before moving in, it becomes much harder to time you coming straight in. Both of those things will make you more fluid and open up opportunities for you offensively while reducing your body/head area as a target.

-Good bodywork to score points and do damage while his guard was up; I'd try to shorten them up a bit and try for short pivots rather than looping shots. Also, don't overextend yourself. You're not a short fighter, and while that doesn't mean at all you shouldn't hammer to the body when you can, it favors you to be in short when going to the body, or at range; the inbetween leaning forward is where a fighter can get caught by a wild counter from a panicking opponent.

-You had no trouble at all timing your right hand flush on his face as he stepped forward. That's a great asset, I liked that.

-Jabs to the body were good. A little more conviction would be good, but you scored well touching his abdomen and maintained range when doing so.

-Allow me to suggest a few more combinations. As I said before, you did well with the single jabs in terms of timing, but they become predictable and your opponent can score with their own jab. Throw the double jab, perhaps with a right hand behind it (I'm sure you practice this a lot on the mitts, but that's one thing, it's harder in the ring.) After you land the right successfully, I'd try coming downstairs with a short pivoted left hook, and back up with another straight right hand. Body-head-body-head is a good combination rhythm. As a tall fighter, I like to mix up a jab and right to the body, a jab to the body and right to the head, or a feint with a right hand to the body followed by left hooks up top. Like I said, getting no pause on combos is easy on the bag and harder in real life, but the effects are very rewarding once you manage to get it right and apply it with an opponent.

You're more experienced than me in terms of actual competition, and it shows in your composure and disciplined form. Hope I could offer you something useful from an outside perspective. Good luck man!

(PS: How'd you get that footage to come out so clear on the 2nd angle?)
                    One of the other fighters does documentaries and stuff and his friend was there with a movie camera

Comment

Awesome job WarMaidana!!!

Don't listen to all these internet trainers, listen to your actual trainers to improve your skills. I know some of these guys mean well, but they swear they're Angelo Dundee or something.

Comment

Working...
                      X