No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux vs. Looknongyantoy To Air On UniMas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DannYankee09 View Post

And he'll still get more network time and money than rigo will ever get.... so stay mad, ha

Comment

i swear when i first glanced at the thread title, i thought it said rigondeaux vs longlongkkklonglong to air on mars.

they might as well aint nobody gonna watch that ****.

move up to 126 rigo.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
        And he'll still get more network time and money than rigo will ever get.... so stay mad, ha
        Boxing has to be the only sport where any fan would ever brag about a guy having more name value vs being better. I'm a Cowboys fan, and if I tried to talk crap to a Seahawks fan because they get more network time than the Hawks everyone within ear shot would laugh right in my face and call me an idiot. I thought the point of any sport was to be the best. Well Rigo is the best and Donaire isn't, so you stay mad bro.

Comment

Originally posted by b0ndsj0ns20 View Post
          Boxing has to be the only sport where any fan would ever brag about a guy having more name value vs being better. I'm a Cowboys fan, and if I tried to talk crap to a Seahawks fan because they get more network time than the Hawks everyone within ear shot would laugh right in my face and call me an idiot. I thought the point of any sport was to be the best. Well Rigo is the best and Donaire isn't, so you stay mad bro.
          And at that, Donaire fight was less watchable than the Rigo/Agebko fight. Donaire should have been disqualified how many times he kept turning away and calling for time cause he had blood in his eye.

Comment

Originally posted by smoothsmg View Post
            After the Donaire win, HBO/Arum should have been hyping him more as a masterful boxer. The performance he put on against Donaire should have received accolades from Arum and HBO, but it seemed as though they were upset he won. After that performance he should have gotten way more than 500k viewers for his next fight.
            So the network is responsible for the numbers now? Who sells Floyd's fight, pacquaio's fight? Cotto's fights? Etc. The boxers. When have you seen rigo take to a camera when he doesn't have a fight coming around? We see all the top boxers in the sport all the time and it's not the network doing it. Cotto knows showing up at espn is good for his career. So does Pacquaio. When have you seen Rigo or his handler on univision as an analyst. The problem here is Rigo wants the meal without having to cook it.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
            I get zou is the main event since it's in china that's cool. But fog can't even be on hbo undercard? They're gonna show some other unknown chi issue guy instead
            You do realize HBO has a max budget per event right? The stars of the network earn between 1 mill and 2.5 with 2.5 being the max for biggest names not on ppv. In order for Rigo to be on that undercard he'd have to take a paycut. Matter of fact go look at the undercard pays of most premium cable bouts, rigo ain't gonna take a few hundred thou to be an undercard fighter. As I told the guy above, mofo's want the meal but not to cook it. Take the paycut for one fight, look real good and keep working. I'm sure Rigo could've been on a few Pacquaio undercards but he wants his million plus per. Without sacrifice people in some positions ain't making room for you.

Comment

Originally posted by US Dirk Killer View Post
              He gets more money doe? Ok Floyd the history books don't care about purses they will only remember the 11 fight Cuban amateur great schooling and traumatizing the Filipino "star" thus ending his stardom for good.

Comment

WAR RIGO!!! Watching him work is a blessing, it's just beautiful, he would put a clinic on anyone.

Comment

Working...
                X