No announcement yet.

Why is Brook?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    I'd imagine that has something to do with those guys just moving up and not having a body of work at the weight.

Bradley had previously fought at 147, but not in a huge fight. Then he was beaten comfortably by Pacquiao (despite the decision). Guerrero also jumped from 135 and has only fought at 147 one time.
    That's probably the reason but you can't help but feel he's ranked way too high considering the level of opposition he's faced.

I just don't see how they can rank a fighter above all the guys who hold a world strap in that division when his resume's a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
      I do mean Khan fights without ring IQ sometimes, which you both got, cheers. I do wish Amir would get his head screwed on properly this year. Too much success too early maybe got to his head. And I dont know why some Americans sneer at British sportsmen. East Side Boxing is rife with unfounded 'Brittard' comments.

But spare a thought for us North-easterners, for whom, say, Liverpool feels like its practically in the Midlands, even though its 'all up North' to Southerners! We arent completely bonkers. Whey-aye man.
      Ive said this before, the fight with Maidana gave Khan the wrong type of confidence, he was being slated for being chinny, he wanted to prove to everyone he can fight, he did that and beat Maidana the biggest puncher / KO ration in the division, not by much and nearly got knocked out.

Khan then thought, I can do that against anyone now and so he continued WRONG.

Thing is he can fight but he just needs to choose his moments and then get back to boxing.

Im a Jock (living down south) so up north isnt even up north, lol

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        true, but I'm also Northern. Khan is Northern to me, Brook less Northern to me. The top border of Yorkshire is where the North-east ends for us, we tend to dissociate Yorkshiremen from our lot.

But yep I get your perspective, np, which most people share, sorry for slipping back to my roots there, its unfair to impose my regional bias on you and the forum.
        Anything below Middlesbrough is "down south" as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gato Negro View Post
          Bloody Northeners.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gato Negro View Post
            thats they way we get taught.

But...surely Cornelius Carr wasnt a Southerner?? shock.

Comment

Fair enough. In that case, I apologise.

I skim through the main page because it's all "***** this" & "Coward that" & come on here to get the view of real fans.

Looks like I over-reacted.

And growing up in South London anyone north of the Thames is a Northerner to me

Comment

It's not so much what he did in that fight its what he has been doing the whole time as a pro. He is very skilled very accurate and powerful.
                Khan is overrated and always has been. I have watched every single khan fight as a pro and some before then and he has been Hurt and put down by poor opponents. Kell would tag him all night long and eventually put him out.

The fight will defo happen as soon as khan moves up and Kell will stop him

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
                  Fair enough. In that case, I apologise.

I skim through the main page because it's all "***** this" & "Coward that" & come on here to get the view of real fans.

Looks like I over-reacted.

And growing up in South London anyone north of the Thames is a Northerner to me
                  you are quite right, both are Northern. I actually thought Kell was from Nottingham so I misjudged his accent/Northerness anyway. I stand corrected, thanks for making your point.

Comment

Working...
                  X