No announcement yet.

When & Who Killed Hip-Hop?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mushroom View Post
    I didn't name any of those artists..... But I get your point that a lot of hip hop is talking yourself up as an MC. However, what I meant in my post was that the whole money, bling, cars and living a luxurious life etc isn't what most people feel true hip hop culture is about.
    Sorry, it was Run w/knives......

I get what you are saying but like I said, it's more about skill for me than anything.

For example, I love Outkast and 8 Ball & MJG. 8 Ball might not be the best lyrically but they to me represent true Southern Hip Hop and what it represents and it's own genre.

All they talk about is pimpin, hoe's drugs and violence but that's ok because they do it well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
      Sorry, it was Run w/knives......

I get what you are saying but like I said, it's more about skill for me than anything.

For example, I love Outkast and 8 Ball & MJG. 8 Ball might not be the best lyrically but they to me represent true Southern Hip Hop and what it represents and it's own genre.

All they talk about is pimpin, hoe's drugs and violence but that's ok because they do it well.
      I guess. To be honest my initial post was just to point out some artist that weren't all about the cliches that RWK had mentioned and that there is another side to hip hop some people might be unaware of.
      Last edited by Mushroom; 04-08-2010, 08:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spit Dialect View Post
        Right yeah but I mean I do respect real G rappers.

Ones that are in fact liable to do the things they brag about.

They're not fakers etc.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

• if anyone killed it...it would be new york...but it isn't dead...mother****ers are just upset and are looking for artists and fans to blame and not these record companies...

Comment

• never was a great genre. Inherently limited to the pop song format. It's greatest triump-the abiliy to take the disadvantaged hardships of the ghetto and produce something creative from it was it's downfall. No real musicians, ergo no musical innovations. **** hip hop. Let it Die and let americans, black and other disadvantaged ones pick up instruments once again and once more revolutionize jazz

Comment

• Hip Hop is not dead! RAP MUSIC is dead. RAP got killed when the rappers from the south got a hold of the RAP game.
              Rappers from the south are basically illiterate and have no vocabulary; all they rap about is bull****. Yeah the beats are good but the lyrical content is garbage.

Mostly all southerners rap about is bitches, cars, strippers, money, guns, drugs, murder and diamond necklaces!

That’s what happened to Rap Music "it got mugged by southern rappers and got murdered in the hold up"

Actually what they doing is rhyming! Rapping is something my brothers in the south have not learned to do yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beatles View Post
                Is there a certain moment in time that you noticed Hip-Hop going down hill???
                Lil wayne , souja boy ,gucci. Maine these clowns single handed killed rap/hip hop

Comment

• Originally posted by e_boxer View Post
                  Lil wayne , souja boy ,gucci. Maine these clowns single handed killed rap/hip hop
                  .......i find Lil Wayne to be a decent rapper, just some of that autotune bull**** i don't like

Comment

Working...
                  X