Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whose win was more impressive: Barrera beating Hamed or Morales beating Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easily Barrera-Hamed. Naz was a BIG DEAL, especially over in the UK at that time, and Barrera beating Naz was a massive deal to me as a boxing fan. That fight made me a huge Barrera fan (I always disliked Naz). Morales-Pacquiao was close, 115-113, so how that was "more impressive" I have no idea.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Morales bouncing right hands off Pacs face was epic.

Hamed getting his ass beat was a joy to watch as well.

Comment

for me at the time i think MAB's win over hamed was a bigger shock and i would be tempted to vote as that being the better win. not only that but it was a complete shut out as well.

however bearing in mind the success that manny has had since, the fact that morales was also past his prime then id say that morales scored the bigger win.

green k for the threadstarter for a good thread that makes a change from the usual pacweather gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadows View Post
          I agree. Barrera clearly won, but it seems that way because IMO Barrera won most of his rounds clearly, whereas the rounds Hamed won were much closer.

I gave Barrera nine rounds if I remember correctly.
          I mean, sure, it was a schooling - Barrera did indeed make Hamed look silly in there, but it wasn't a shutout by any means. I had it 115-112 for Barrera, and some rounds, like you said, were tricky to score because Barrera took a rest and let Hamed do the work.

People should watch the fight again and look more closely. Hamed was getting knocked around all over the place (what an iron-chinned mofo...), and frankly got his ass kicked, but he certainly won some rounds throughout the fight. It wasn't easy work for Barrera.

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
          for me at the time i think MAB's win over hamed was a bigger shock and i would be tempted to vote as that being the better win. not only that but it was a complete shut out as well.
          You can't be serious.

Comment

Lampley loved every minute of Barrera vs. Hamed

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
              I mean, sure, it was a schooling - Barrera did indeed make Hamed look silly in there, but it wasn't a shutout by any means. I had it 115-112 for Barrera, and some rounds, like you said, were tricky to score because Barrera took a rest and let Hamed do the work.

People should watch the fight again and look more closely. Hamed was getting knocked around all over the place (what an iron-chinned mofo...), and frankly got his ass kicked, but he certainly won some rounds throughout the fight. It wasn't easy work for Barrera.

You can't be serious.
              I also think that part of the 'shut out' comes from the fact that Barrera pretty much dominated from round six on. IMO most of Hamed's rounds came early in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post

You can't be serious.
                When you take into account the point deduction aswell the score was not to wide, Naz was past his best too.

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                Easily Barrera-Hamed. Naz was a BIG DEAL, especially over in the UK at that time, and Barrera beating Naz was a massive deal to me as a boxing fan. That fight made me a huge Barrera fan (I always disliked Naz). Morales-Pacquiao was close, 115-113, so how that was "more impressive" I have no idea.
                Morales totally out classed Pac and even gave him the last round and clowned him by going southpaw lol

Overall:

Naz barely trained
                Pac was even 10x worse technically then he is now
                Morales was getting past his best etc

It's pretty hard to call which was a better win

Comment

Working...
                X