JMM vs Pac 5 will make more $$$

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM vs Pac 5 will make more $$$

Than Pacquiao vs Mayweather EVER would of made

I feel sorry for Rios, He was looking forward to his own payday for April, Now I think he would probably wait while the JMM V happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I feel sorry for Rios, He was looking forward to his own payday for April, Now I think he would probably wait while the JMM V happens.
      Meh Rios will get a big pay day soon enough Pac JMM 5 will do the biggest PPV buys EVER

Comment

Originally posted by SCtrojansbaby View Post
        Than Pacquiao vs Mayweather EVER would of made
        Arum says La Motta fought Robinson six times....get the hint?

Comment

Not sure about that but it'll do monster numbers.

I don't really want to see it, though.

Like that matters.

Comment

if i was jmm i'd tell pacquiao to go **** himself

Comment

I love to watch a 5th fight..and I KNOW MARQUEZ WILL SAY YES...because he would still be getting millions..........and he is a gentleman..because pacquiao did the same for him.

Comment

Um... no. No, it won't.

I know the 'Flo-mo' and 'Pac-t*rd' stuff can really make anyone who spends too much time on boxing/sports message boards cynical about that fight, but that really would have been one of the all-time hyped match-ups in boxing, so let's not go crazy here and diminish what that fight could have/should have been just because it's fun to mock one guy or the other.

That said, will Pac/Marquez V (should it happen, and I really hope it doesn't) do good numbers? Quite possibly. I don't know what the promotion will consist of after they promised that 'THIS FIGHT WILL SETTLE IT!', just like they promised III would 'FINALLY SETTLE IT!', only difference here is that IV actually seemed like it settled it.

There is no weird judging controversey of a 'maybe' victory here. Pacquiao got KO'ed in dramatic Ricky Hatton fashion here. This wasn't some ticky tack ref over protection KO. This was 'I don't know if he wakes up before Christmas' KO.

That being said, this is possibly Arum's only real draw left (outside of maybe a Bradley rematch) where he can really command a huge payday for Pacquiao and Marquez has a good bargaining position for even more cash in a rematch, too, so there is definitely money in this, and we all know that cash rules everything around, so...

Oh, final note... I hate the idea that Marquez 'owes' it Pac for another one because Pac did the same for him. Pac didn't give Marquez a rematch for Marquez's benefit. Those fights were arranged because they drew, they were one of the few decent alternatives to Mayweather, and Pac never once beat Marquez decisively.

You cannot say the same about what Marquez just did.

Comment

Five times is too much especially when we would like to see other fighters fight each other for the first time. Look at how many fights Robinson had it's hard not to think he didn't fight LaMota ten times lol

I would prefer not to see another fight but if It does happen I'm not going to miss it.
                  Last edited by minasyan; 12-09-2012, 05:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Insane Ninja View Post
                    Um... no. No, it won't.

I know the 'Flo-mo' and 'Pac-t*rd' stuff can really make anyone who spends too much time on boxing/sports message boards cynical about that fight, but that really would have been one of the all-time hyped match-ups in boxing, so let's not go crazy here and diminish what that fight could have/should have been just because it's fun to mock one guy or the other.

That said, will Pac/Marquez V (should it happen, and I really hope it doesn't) do good numbers? Quite possibly. I don't know what the promotion will consist of after they promised that 'THIS FIGHT WILL SETTLE IT!', just like they promised III would 'FINALLY SETTLE IT!', only difference here is that IV actually seemed like it settled it.

There is no weird judging controversey of a 'maybe' victory here. Pacquiao got KO'ed in dramatic Ricky Hatton fashion here. This wasn't some ticky tack ref over protection KO. This was 'I don't know if he wakes up before Christmas' KO.

That being said, this is possibly Arum's only real draw left (outside of maybe a Bradley rematch) where he can really command a huge payday for Pacquiao and Marquez has a good bargaining position for even more cash in a rematch, too, so there is definitely money in this, and we all know that cash rules everything around, so...

Oh, final note... I hate the idea that Marquez 'owes' it Pac for another one because Pac did the same for him. Pac didn't give Marquez a rematch for Marquez's benefit. Those fights were arranged because they drew, they were one of the few decent alternatives to Mayweather, and Pac never once beat Marquez decisively.

You cannot say the same about what Marquez just did.
                    Dude I am not one of those stupid fanboys. All I am doing is stating fact JMM vs Pac 5 will break every PPV record known to man.

Comment

Working...
                    X