No announcement yet.

Top locations to avoid fights for whatever reason

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top locations to avoid fights for whatever reason

Terrible decisions happen all the time, most of the time I think not due to hometown cooking but come on how else did dusty harrison hernandez fight to a decision? Anyway this thread isnt about harrison-hernandez/dallas jr but it did raise the question of the worst location to fight for a prospect or fighter looking to get back into the title picture.

Texas if you fighting a Mexican and you aint Mexican and D.C. if you aint a hometown fighter

Comment

Germany- the worst robberies
      UK-the refs stop the fights too soon
      Puerto Rico-Juanma was winning both Salido fights on the scorecards, and Herrera was robbed against Garcia.
      Texas- They don't bother even with the commissions drug test.

If i were a fighter I would never fight in those places.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        Germany- the worst robberies
        UK-the refs stop the fights too soon
        Puerto Rico-Juanma was winning both Salido fights on the scorecards, and Herrera was robbed against Garcia.
        Texas- They don't bother even with the commissions drug test.

If i were a fighter I would never fight in those places.
        What about USSR win and then an automatic failed drug test

Comment

Originally posted by INDIFFERENT View Post
          Terrible decisions happen all the time, most of the time I think not due to hometown cooking but come on how else did dusty harrison hernandez fight to a decision? Anyway this thread isnt about harrison-hernandez/dallas jr but it did raise the question of the worst location to fight for a prospect or fighter looking to get back into the title picture.
          Horrible decisions happen anywhere. So it doesn't really matter what place you choose.

Comment

Dc.........

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
              Dc.........
              Totally true. Khan as delusional as he is and as much as I love watching him get knocked out ,shouldn't have that loss on his record.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
                Totally true. Khan as delusional as he is and as much as I love watching him get knocked out ,shouldn't have that loss on his record.
                Not just because of Khan

look at Jack vs Bute

and Degale vs Porky

Comment

Definitely dc, germany, texas, england, and puerto rico.

Just like everyone said...want to get robbed with the judges? In each one but in England you have to worry about taking 2-3 consecutive punches and being stopped..heaven forbid if youre on the ropes.

They're blatant as hell in Texas, DC and Germany though. Like they don't even make sense. At least in puerto rico's case a lot of times the fight is good and it's obvious but it makes you go "well every close round is gonna go to him...big punches will seem better, etc". You can beat the holy helll out of the german favorite and that s hit isnt going to be stopped and you wont win the round.

Comment

If you're facing a hometown fighter in Texas, and Gale Van Hoy is the judge, you better get the knockout...

I don't recall many judging problems in England, but their refs are horrible. Fights that come to mind, Terry O'Connor in the Kovalev Cleverly fight, the ref in the Selby Hunter fight, the ref who did the Calzaghe vs. Manfredo fight and most of his fights actually. Howard Foster comes to mind. Then there's also Ian John-Lewis.

So they have some really terrible refs.
                    Last edited by TheCell8; 05-14-2016, 12:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X