No announcement yet.

Prime Joe Calzaghe vs gg

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Joe Calzaghe vs gg

Who wins? And im talking early Joe that had KO power. I think Calzaghe boxes circles around ggs ass
    Joe Calzaghe
    56.60%
    gg
    32.08%
    Toss up too close
    11.32%

This is the best the UK had to offer vs the best khazathan can offer

Comment

Joey Zagz by showboating majority decision

Easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Valhalla Hwy666 View Post
        Joey Zagz by showboating majority decision

Easy.
        What is the point of such a thread? Calzaghe never fought at 160. Golovkin never fought at 168, let alone 175.

Comment

Doesn't happen, GGG calls out Calzaghe at 164, fight dies.

But if GGG had the balls to go up to 168 to fight prime Calzaghe, physically they are very similar in height and reach, Calzaghe having a couple of inches in reach, and being more used to the weight. Calzaghe wins, daggum lists Golovkin as one of Calzaghe's cherrypicks though.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            This is the best the UK had to offer vs the best khazathan can offer
            Not even close to the best. If you look at who he fought and when he fought them his resume really isn't great.

GGG would catch him and stop him imo.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
              Not even close to the best. If you look at who he fought and when he fought them his resume really isn't great.

GGG would catch him and stop him imo.
              Just like he caught...yeah, nobody of note.

Hopkins, Kessler, Bika > GGG's entire resume from today to when GGG retires with his bum filled resume.

Comment

Calzaghe by decision with golovkin rocking him a couple of times but not doing enough overall

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  Just like he caught...yeah, nobody of note.

Hopkins, Kessler, Bika > GGG's entire resume from today to when GGG retires with his bum filled resume.
                  Lol I didnt say GGG had a better resume i'm saying Calzaghe cant be regarded as the best Britain has to offer because his resume is weak. He fought Hopkins and Jones when they were old and in Jones case washed up. Jones was what 39 and Hopkins was in his 40's. Jones was washed up before he even fought Joe and he he managed to knock him down.

Calzaghe would be aggressive like he always is and would get caught by GGG and stopped. His resume being better than GGG's have very little to do with how the fight would go.

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
                    Lol I didnt say GGG had a better resume i'm saying Calzaghe cant be regarded as the best Britain has to offer because his resume is weak. He fought Hopkins and Jones when they were old and in Jones case washed up. Jones was what 39 and Hopkins was in his 40's. Jones was washed up before he even fought Joe and he he managed to knock him down.

Calzaghe would be aggressive like he always is and would get caught by GGG and stopped. His resume being better than GGG's have very little to do with how the fight would go.
                    There is a very good chance GGG is not going to have near the same success when he moves up to 168. He is formidable at 160, but I don't think his style will translate to a dominant fighter 8 pounds north (I could be wrong). He will still be a good fighter, maybe one of the best in the division but it is a big jump in weight for elite fighting, you look at the guys who have historically moved up and had success between those weight classes and they are few and far between.

They are guys like Mike McCallum, Roy Jones, Bernard Hopkins, James Toney, these are guys who can change it up and are very diverse with solid defences. Joe Calzaghe went up but its hard to assess because he went up and fought the best fighter in the division above, and then a washed up fighter, but the one thing you could say is he felt the difference in power at the higher weight.

In terms of the thread - fantasy matchup's are exactly that and are fun for debate and opinion, but there is no way way that anyone could say with any confidence that GGG stops Calzaghe who is without question a great fighter and a big 168lber with a very good chin, in fact I think he would hold lots of advantages in this fight. GGG has yet to face anyone elite at 160lbs, therefore to assume he even belongs in the ring with an elite 168lber is conjecture at this stage and premature.

Don't get me wrong GGG is a very good fighter, but he hasn't proved the things he is being showered with. People are labelling him great from what they have seen in the gym and sparring because thus far he has only beaten B level guys at best under the lights, we are told he has a very high ceiling (A lot of this hype comes from Abel Sanchez) but we haven't seen it yet.

There is nothing or no fight he has fought that shows me that he could beat a Joe Calzaghe. Let's see how he does with a Canelo Alvarez first, and if the does move up to 168 there is plenty of completion there too. Until then people need some perspective.

Comment

Working...
                    X