Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Luis Carlos Abregu wants to fight Pacquiao!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luis Carlos Abregu wants to fight Pacquiao!

MANILA, Philippines – Luis Carlos Abregu may be at the bottom of Manny Pacquiao’s priority list, but the little-known fighter from Argentina believes he deserves to share the ring with the Filipino boxing superstar.

Abregu is reigning WBC silver welterweight champion and is the number one boxer in the WBC’s welterweight rankings. He also boasts of an impressive record of 36 wins and one defeat.

He believes that now is the perfect time to challenge Pacquiao.

“I deserve my chance for the world championship title against Pacquiao, or any big name at 147 pounds, as I am working hard to be ready for when my opportunity comes,” Abregu said in World Boxing News.

“Since last year [after winning the WBC silver title], I've been waiting for my chance and now is the moment to prove why I'm on the top of the rankings.”

Top Rank Inc.’s Bob Arum earlier mentioned Abregu as one of the top three fighters being considered for Pacquiao’s return to the ring in Macau on November 23.

The other two candidates are Mexican champion Juan Manuel Marquez and Pacquiao’s former training partner Ruslan Provodnikov.

“It makes me really happy to be considered by Bob Arum and I think that I deserve the opportunity since I have been ranked number one by the WBC,” said Abregu.

But Michael Koncz, Pacquiao’s business manager, is cool about the prospect of pitting his client against the Argentine champion. He believes Abregu is relatively unknown to casual boxing fans.

“[Abregu] is not the top one on our list. We are not too excited about that [fight],” said Koncz in a previous report.

Abregu, however, said he is willing to fight other big named fighters in his weight class.

“I hope to be the one picked for the Pacquiao fight, but if it doesn't happen, I would like a rematch with Timothy Bradley to avenge my loss. There could also be a fight against Marquez, Mayweather or even Shawn Porter," he said.

http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/sports/06...pacquiao-fight

Yea... no to this fight. His most significant fight is a loss to Bradley

Comment

Can we get a different Argentine? Rather get Manny in with Maidana or Matthysse

Comment

Man I want to see Pacquaio in with either Danny Garcia, Maidana, or Porter.

Comment

i think abregu's chin isn't that good, but he can punch. he needs a fight out side argentina again

Comment

i don’t even know why uncle bob is even considering abregu on Pac’s next fight. the door is wide open now for pac fighting the likes of porter, mattysse, maidana, thurman, etc…

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
              i don’t even know why uncle bob is even considering abregu on Pac’s next fight. the door is wide open now for pac fighting the likes of porter, mattysse, maidana, thurman, etc…
              is it? Koncz said they're going to wait for thte dust to settle because not even GBP know who they have

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                is it? Koncz said they're going to wait for thte dust to settle because not even GBP know who they have
                correct me if i'm wrong...

but there's an article posted a couple of days ago that haymon is more than willing to do business with gbp.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                  Yea... no to this fight. His most significant fight is a loss to Bradley
                  They won't put Pac in with him because he has legitimate one punch KO power. He is also a very awkward guy to figure out and he will eventually land on you and when he does, you go to the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
                    correct me if i'm wrong...

but there's an article posted a couple of days ago that haymon is more than willing to do business with gbp.
                    Well if you could post it that'd be cool. From there Bob would just have to be willing to work with Haymon and figure out which network it goes on...which again would lead to more problems.

Comment

Working...
                    X