Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving GGG/Chavez Jr to 7/19 puts two HBO cards in one day. Good or bad?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving GGG/Chavez Jr to 7/19 puts two HBO cards in one day. Good or bad?

I'm in with the Good.

By moving the card to July 19, it means Top Rank will have two notable cards on the same day. Arum is also doing another card that date in Macau, China, which will feature Chinese flyweight star Zou Shiming in his first 10-round bout along with other fights Arum says he is working on.

He said junior featherweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux could make his next defense on that card -- the last on his contract with Top Rank -- and that Brian Viloria could challenge for a flyweight title on the card.

Arum says the plan is for HBO to televise the card from Macau on "HBO2 or maybe HBO in the afternoon and use it to help drive the pay-per-view for that evening."

Arum and Loeffler both pointed out that the Chavez-Golovkin fight is not yet finalized, although both sides are confident it will get done.

"We're working on getting it completed," Arum said. "Nothing with Chavez is easy, but we're getting there."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...for-chavez-ggg

They could use it as a lead up into their PPV on HBO 2 to draw more attention to it.

Looks good too.

Rigo, Viloria maybe fighting for a flyweight title (Don't know who as Yaegashi is probably fighting Roman and Ioka/Rumenrong would've just fought) and maybe Estrada/Segura on it.
    I'm gonna guess IBO.

But if it's not good for them, it's good for us

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    I'm in with the Good.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...for-chavez-ggg

They could use it as a lead up into their PPV on HBO 2 to draw more attention to it.

Looks good too.

Rigo, Viloria maybe fighting for a flyweight title (Don't know who as Yaegashi is probably fighting Roman and Ioka/Rumenrong would've just fought) and maybe Estrada/Segura on it.
    I'm gonna guess IBO.

But if it's not good for them, it's good for us
    Boxing all day? I love it!

Comment

If true, this will be a good ppv event.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
        Boxing all day? I love it!
        I'm gonna watch the unteleivsed undercard, then catch a rbr twitter account and then watch it again, then PPV

Comment

Pretty cool format I guess.

Comment

Its whatever, just get the fight signed before you F something up Arum! Sorry for yelling.

Are they talking about switching venue as well?

Comment

There is no such thing as too much boxing imo.

Comment

Funny how bob says nothing is easy with Chavez,,,, team Chavez probably getting 2nd thoughts about a ggg fight

Comment

Is Rigo done with top rank after his next fight???

Comment

Hell yeah, I'm all for watching boxing all day!

However, I can't imagine a casual boxing fan spending half their Saturday watching boxing, they'll probably catch GGG-Chavez Jr. and that's about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X