Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather misleading young fighters who look up to him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smfh...........

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
      Floyd misleads the audience into believing that he eats fast food and lives off of soda, while working hard. He is like a magician unwilling to show the secrets to his tricks. Doesn't show sparring footage (well except for the recent one where he probably underperformed intentionally), pretends to eat bad food even though he has a Nutritionist & cook who make him healthy foods.

He is sending the wrong message to those who are inspired by him and his success. Even when asked by interviewers what advice he would give to up and coming fighters, he spews some phony bull**** talking point that doesn't help. And obviously he has said that he doesn't wanna be a Boxing training after he retires but rather sit behind a desk "like a boss".
      Floyd eats healthy food and junk food. Watch 24/7 against Ortiz; he eats steamed veg, salmon and lean white meat.

He trains like a beast for long periods of time. I believe the junk food diet is consumed to get more calories in. Forget the water and soda. Its water and sugar to replace lost electrolytes, as it's the fastest insulin into the blood stream.

Don't get personal, get a life...

Comment

Originally posted by master_rose View Post

Don't get personal, get a life...
        Why are people with few posts coming out of the woodworks all butt hurt, insinuating that I got personal insulting their hero?

Seriously? Is this what you got out of the topic.

Comment

All this thread is saying in general is that Floyd isn't willing to share. He thinks he is "God gifted" and he doesn't wanna be honest about his recipe to success.

That's all. If you think Junk food is ok to eat, or eating 12,000 calories a day, fine. Maybe it is, it all depends on your physique as well and what you are preparing your body for (A world strong man contest, Swimming, Basketball or is it Fighting etc,.).

Comment

Damn, a lot depends on Floyd I see.

Comment

All this thread is saying in general is that Floyd isn't willing to share. He thinks he is "God gifted" and he doesn't wanna be honest about his recipe to success.

That's all. If you think Junk food is ok to eat, or eating 12,000 calories a day, fine. Maybe it is, it all depends on your physique as well and what you are preparing your body for (A world strong man contest, Swimming, Basketball or is it Fighting etc,.).
              Does he have to share while being active? You can't wait to see maybe after he retires if he let's some things go? And even if he doesn't, it wouldn't matter.

And junk food IS okay to eat, I eat a lot of junk food and am healthy, i'm a lean person. But I stay active so it doesn't matter what I eat. Maybe Floyd is just telling the truth. The truth is Floyd is not the only black athlete who stuffs his face with McDonald's regularly but his body doesn't show it. It's called genes bro. Science class.

Comment

even if that were the case, which it isnt (he takes numerous young fighters into his gym and they all say how great his work ethic is) its not his job to do so anyways. hes a fighter and a showman. his job is to sell his fights. and thats what hes doing.

Comment

im pretty sure i read somewhere usain bolt had a mc donalds before beating the world record food for the body is fuel end of the day i personally believe he does it for the cameras but i also believe he does eat that food just not as much as the cameras make it out to be

Comment

This thread is yet another example of how Floyd Mayweather always gets criticized no matter what he does. When he dominates a great experienced fighter they say "he was over the hill" and when he fights a top level, young hungry lion they say "he wasn't ready". When he completely dominates somebody from the outside they say "He's boring, he can't fight toe-to-toe" and then when he goes in there and absolutley destroys somebody by going toe-to-toe they say "He hasn't got his legs anymore, he's being forced to do it". Floyd can't win.

It's come to something. People are now even criticizing him for what he eats. What's next? Is he going to get criticized for staying up late and setting the wrong example in that way? To say this is ridiculous would be a gross understatement. The most annoying thing about this is that the same people who are always questioning Floyd as a human being refuse to apply the same standards to Manny "Cheat on my wife with prostitutes every other week" Pacquiao. Floyd gets criticized all the time for the slightest and most insignificant things but Manny can do anything that he wants and get away with it. As of right now he is being investigated for tax fraud and housing fugitives but you hardly ever see people talking about these things. It's kept under wraps.
                    Last edited by JK1700; 04-22-2012, 02:20 PM.

Comment

This is really a moot point in my opinion. Because, to vaguely quote Floyd, "who you know works harder than me?". The guy lives in the gym, a true gentleman to the sport who respects his body and mind by dedicating his life to fitness and the sweet science. Look at all the other names in boxing who constantly blow up in weight between fights, Floyd has never done that, he's also very much against alcohol and drugs which many boxers indulge in. So it's quite the opposite, Floyd is a real inspiration to young fights to live drug free life and dedicate themselves to their training, while still showing he can let lose and have fun in other ways; yes that might include a scrumptious Bic Mac here and there.

- The Gentleman

Comment

Working...
                      X