No announcement yet.

What does Marquez expect. 'Mayweather v Marquez'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Marquez expect. 'Mayweather v Marquez'

Did marquez honestly believe, Floyd Mayweather jnr was goin to cum down to 140lbs to fight him. Consider these points.
    (1) Mayweather would have to drop 7lbs, Marquez would only have to jump 5.
    (2) Mayweather is or was the p4p champion of the world. You have to step up to beat the man, not dictate terms. Floyd had to jumpto 154lbs to fight Dela Hoya.
    (3) Marquez would get his bigest pay day against Mayweather, hes in the top 3 biggest draws in the game.
    (4) Marquez brings no title to the table so a victory over Marquez does not add to much to Floyds legacy while it would transform Marquez's.
    (5) Except to act as a tune up or money making excercise, this fight doesnt do much four floyd.

Final note, while it may seem I am bashing on Marquez, I actually like him alot and gave him one of the decisions against pacman. I just feel Floyd would have been to good for him and hes blown his chance of beating a possibly ring rusty floyd by demanding ridiculous terms. The lowest he could expect floyd to drop to is 144lbs.

PBF isn't "cumming" any where. All he wants is to fight another lightweight at the weight he's rolling around now, instead of a true WW, but either way it's fine because it's JMM anyways.

They should negociate a catchweight.

Comment

Since when has Floyd been a true Welterweight he is a blown up lightweight

Comment

I hope the fight happens though that would be a treat.

Comment

Originally posted by markbnlv View Post
          Since when has Floyd been a true Welterweight he is a blown up lightweight
          Hence wanting JMM to blow up to a WW.

Comment

I hope JMM will make 147, trains his f***in ass off and beat Mayweather just to teach him a lesson about cherry picking..

Comment

Originally posted by jching View Post
              I hope JMM will make 147, trains his f***in ass off and beat Mayweather just to teach him a lesson about cherry picking..
              I wouldn't knock him too hard though, I mean he's just pulling a page from DLH's book, and I'm a fan of DLH.

Comment

Yeh I agree, for his last fight, I think JMM should just train and eat hamburgers, accept the deal. Just for the heck of it, he has nothing to lose. By backing out for no reason, PBF has no face to save.

Comment

Marquez called him out. Marquez must have known his last fight was at welterweight, he was at the fight.

Comment

Working...
                  X