Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More recognizable by face in 2014, Ali or Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Dempsey's time he was the most popular athlete in the world. The Heavyweight Champion then was granted that honor. No one I know has a clue who Wlad is by pic or name!
    Ali is easily the most famous pro boxer that ever lived, his photo was recognized in the most obscured areas in the world! He was the Greatest!

Comment

Mike Tyson is way more recognizable than Ali

he has to thank nintendo for that. ¨Mike Tyson's Punch-Out¨ was one of the most popular videogames ever and still is

all gamers know Tyson thanks to it, even those who don't give a crap about boxing

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Tough call with the way fighters are marketed today along with being in every other thread on boxing forums .Younger fans now and casuals are going to see Floyd all over ,i would give edge to Mayweather despite Alis history .Multi media has changed ,and Floyd will still be relevant as wellin his place in history ,ppl will still ponder about his 50 th fight for years to come even if he never fights again . Ali is more important in historical terms but more recognisable ? I believe Mayweather has surpassed him if we are including on a global scale .

With ALL due respect Jugg...but NO WAY NO HOW...not now, not ever...I actually did this to be funny, to be ironic, I didnt actually believe ANYONE would believe Floyd is more recognizable than Ali...I dont care where we go in the world, ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH...Ali is more recognizable

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
          To answer Scully, Ali isn't recognizable anymore to other than people who followed him always.

How will Floyd's life be like in 25 years?
          Nah, Ive shown teenagers his pic.. they get it right away...

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
            amazing to see. amazing and sad. makes you appreciate the hellish run of punchers he went through in the 60's.

my father is only a few years younger than ali. ali looks like he could be in an old folk's home, and my father probably played 18 this morning in the 90 degree sun.
            The God of boxing ....and the greatest man that's ever laced a pair of gloves on and one of the greatest human beings ever ...none of us would be here in this forum if it wasn't for that man :-)

Comment

Now do one with Sugar Ray Robinson and Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                With ALL due respect Jugg...but NO WAY NO HOW...not now, not ever...I actually did this to be funny, to be ironic, I didnt actually believe ANYONE would believe Floyd is more recognizable than Ali...I dont care where we go in the world, ANYWHERE ON THIS EARTH...Ali is more recognizable
                Could be...but Floyd is always in the news/media etc....Hes an attention hog deliberately. Times change I would be surprised anyone doesn't recognize Floyd,even non boxing fans know who he is. The old rule is HW champs are more known but look at this era,very few would actually know who Klitchko was, more ppl know Fury than Wlad because he is another attention seeker.I believe Weltschmerz to be correct, as eras pass the old timers get less and less popular..of course you have exceptions like Mike Tyson who imop is the most recognizable fighter in history and still is today.

In their respective times 'OWN' eras ..Ali was more popular than Mayweather is today ,but NOW? Well that's questionable.
                Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-27-2016, 12:47 PM.

Comment

L M F A O at the guy who said they were both Tyson That guy is a legend.

Comment

BTW fun and cool video, Scully. Really enjoyed it!

Comment

I am old, Ali.

Comment

Working...
                      X