Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ChinChecker. Worst Chins in boxing. (ATM).DO you guys agree?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheChinChecker View Post
    That's another thread. This thread is about chins. But just some interesting facts.

I know Vitali got a CHIN OF IRON STEEL. I love it. I love Vitali. He's my 2nd favorite fighter behind Carl Froch.

BUT

1-Lennox Lewis was knocked out by Rahman, he was knocked down by Mccall. Lewis does not have a great chin.
    A much older, fatter, slower, Lewis took Prime Vitali's best shots and stayed up. He even started hitting Vitali later on in that fight.

2- Vitali took 12 rounds to UD a 10 years past prime fat ******ed Shannon Briggs who have already lost most of his skills and all of his brain cells.

His power come from accumulation, not from one punch KO.

That being said, nah he's not an arms puncher exclusionly. He got good power, just not Wladimir or Lennox power.
    i don't necessarily think Lewis had chin problems so much as problems with taking opponents lightly.
    I can accept what your saying about VK not really possessing that one punch power like Lewis and WK though.
    and yes we can fully agree that Vitali kicks ass and has an excellent chin.
    I'd like to see you compile a top ten best chins after you get this list worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by PUK_MY_DANG_34 View Post
      i don't necessarily think Lewis had chin problems so much as problems with taking opponents lightly.
      I can accept what your saying about VK not really possessing that one punch power like Lewis and WK though.
      and yes we can fully agree that Vitali kicks ass and has an excellent chin.
      I'd like to see you compile a top ten best chins after you get this list worked out.
      Oh ya . For sure Lewis does not have a bad chin. That is ******ed moron Noob Chin Checkers or wanna be chin checkers. Lennox fought a long line of murderous punchers and actually took a lot of punches from Bruno-Mercer-and even Grant. He fought Tua and Golota along with Ruddock without any issues. Lewis was knocked the **** out because he was one lazy ass mother ****er and prone to stretches of under dedication. Lennox was never really fat but you can tell he came out of shape to a few of his matches.

BUT THERE IS NO WAY he have a great chin. Or even a very good chin. Lewis just have a 'decent' chin, he have ATG boxing skills and ATG Power. But his chin is 'decent'.

With Wladimir, it could be more of a balance issue and running out of stamina in the later rounds. I will research and think on this more carefully.

I will attempt to create a list of best chins in the future, but this list is much harder and much more debatable.
      (Other then Roy, Taylor and Amir,)

Comment

I like Wladimir being #10 TBH.

He often gets ripped for a having a faulty chin but nobody ever gives him credit to getting back up and fighting back. Still, a stoppage loss is a stoppage loss.

Enzo, Khan and current RJJ all deserve to be where they are IMO.

Comment

u forgot victor ortiz. his chin just got shattered.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby No Sex View Post
            u forgot victor ortiz. his chin just got shattered.

Ortiz is up there, but his issue have more to do with a glass heart then glass chin. Tough debate there. His JAW got shattered, ya I know the quality of glass p4p really take a BIG DROP after Enzo.

It's like there's Amir, Roy and Jermaine Taylor then

Enzo

then

the rest.

It just feel like these days the glass p4p talent pool is being hogged and monopolized by Roy, Amir, and Taylor. The good thing is Taylor have been M-I-A. So he's definitely gonna drop from the rankings soon.

It's once again bitter sweet for me. On the one hand I really do respect and like Taylor. But on the other hand the p4p is gonna miss a top 3 glasser.

Comment

I got a very high level of suspicion

in regards to

1- Adrian Broner

and

2- Detonay Wilder.

These two guys both just give me the jitters. Just looking at their facial structure and their speech patterns, their body movements, it feels like they both got 100% Pure Polish Glass hidden underneath those chins. I hope I'm wrong, but I rarely am when it comes to chins. I expect both to be contenting hard for p4p soon.

Comment

Khan under Ariza took Maidana's power shots, he needs them Ariza shakes.

Comment

Stop saying your watching these fights because its stupid! Zab and Gamboa?
                  What about when salido drop Gamboa with an overhand right and he got up laughing, he didnt even see it, go watch the highlights, the same type of punch that hurt Juanma who has a Bad Chin. Zab Has never been knocked out! The Kosta tzysu fight he got up and ref stopped it and he only took knees and Cotto and Matthyese except for when it was balance its his heart NOT his chin, PUT more work in man, dnt look at records, watch the fights,Tito Trinidad had terrible
                  balance and could be knocked over early in fights by ANYONE but never knocked out

Comment

Originally posted by adamdoyle View Post
                    Stop saying your watching these fights because its stupid! Zab and Gamboa?
                    What about when salido drop Gamboa with an overhand right and he got up laughing, he didnt even see it, go watch the highlights, the same type of punch that hurt Juanma who has a Bad Chin. Zab Has never been knocked out! The Kosta tzysu fight he got up and ref stopped it and he only took knees and Cotto and Matthyese except for when it was balance its his heart NOT his chin, PUT more work in man, dnt look at records, watch the fights,Tito Trinidad had terrible
                    balance and could be knocked over early in fights by ANYONE but never knocked out
                    LMAO. Jesus Christ. This is why boxing scene needs a chin checker.

Hopefully I don't get banned because the knowledge of chin checking on this site is disgustingly poor.

Dude I DON'T MEAN TO INSULT ANY FIGHTERS, but are you listening to yourself talk? 'HE WAS DROPPED' 'HE GOT UP'

WTF does 'getting up' have to do with a shaky chin? I'm serious.

A bad chin= easy to knock down. It does not= knocked the **** stone cold out. (unless you are Roy Jones).

You are thinking of 'great recovery' power which have NOTHING to do with a glass jaw. If you are easy to knock down you have a shaky chin. That's bottom line and NOT DEBATABLE.

Comment

adamek has one of the best chins in all of boxing.

1. the punch that chad dropped him with was too the body
                      2. adamek wasnt hurt he was just off balance when he got hit.
                      3. dawson is far from feather fisted, hes careful and doesnt take alot of risks so he doesnt have alot of KOs but he can still punch. when was the last time a dawson opponent wasnt forced to respect his power?

1b. adamek is a very small HW
                      2b. vitali is a huge HW
                      3b. adamek already took a beating and been softened up by the time vitali started really hurting him.

again, you cant make a list of teh best chins in boxing without adamek, to say he has one of the worst is ******ed.

kirkland doesnt have a bad chin either, its not as great as adameks but to say its amongst the worst in boxing is bull****. he cut too much weight against ishida and got caught cold, in every other fight of his career he showed a dependable and sometimes absolute granite chin.

wlad also has an average chin, not great but not bad either. two of his 3 KO defeats were bcuz of fatigue and bodyshots rather than his chin and the other against a very big puncher. considering the amount of fights hes had i dont think that qualifies him as a weak chinned fighter. if he was he would have knocked out another 3-4 times.

harrison, judah and bute dont deserve to be on this list either. none of them have great or even good chins but they arent bad either.

ppl need to realize there is a grey area between having a glass jaw and a concrete one, ppl act as if a fighter gets hurt or knocked out once his chin is automaticly suspect. but punchers are considered punchers for a reason, they hurt ppl when they land.

if you get knocked out by a fighter who isnt known as a puncher your chin might be suspect, but if you fight a guy known to be a dangerous hitter and get caught with a big shot you are supposed to go down. you might not have a concrete jaw but you dont necessarily have a bad one either just bcuz you cant take the best punch from every fighter in the division.
                      Last edited by #1Assassin; 08-12-2012, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X