Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top Rank's last 2 events=2.1 million PPV Buys. Boxing=4.8 million PPV buys in 2011

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aside from Pac-Mosley and Hopkins-Dawson, all the PPVs were good-great, and we had better undercards on all of them then in the recent past.

I'm too lazy to guesstimate but even with less then half the amount of PPVs the UFC put out this year, boxing might edge them in overall sales for the first time in 4-5 years.

Pac and Floyd have managed to become even more popular even with the fall out of their megafight.

Comment

Klitschko vs Haye averaged 16.2 million viewers in Germany.

Comment

reposting my question
        Originally posted by keehlnate View Post
        where did you get these figures?

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
          Aside from Pac-Mosley and Hopkins-Dawson, all the PPVs were good-great, and we had better undercards on all of them then in the recent past.
          You'll have to give us your definition of "Great"

Comment

Official Numbers for Pacquiao vs Shane Mosely were never released, even though many months have passed. Bob Arum saying between somewhere 1.2 and 1.3 million is not proof of anything. The fact that the numbers never released leaves me suspicious that the fight actually did not sell that much. Or else why wouldn't you release the actual report?

Marquez vs Pacquio 3 numbers haven't been released yet.

Cotto Vs margarito numbers haven't been released yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Warring Don View Post
              Official Numbers for Pacquiao vs Shane Mosely were never released, even though many months have passed. Bob Arum saying between somewhere 1.2 and 1.3 million is not proof of anything. The fact that the numbers never released leaves me suspicious that the fight actually did not sell that much. Or else why wouldn't you release the actual report?

Marquez vs Pacquio 3 numbers haven't been released yet.

Cotto Vs margarito numbers haven't been released yet.
              And they aren't going to be officially released, not when all Arum has to do is issue a press release saying it did a gazillion, to which Pacquiao's flatworms will respond by flooding boxing sites with more of their usual garbage.

Comment

Working...
              X