No announcement yet.

Sauna suits

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sauna suits

one of my mates was asking the other week about whether he should wear a sauna suit when working out.
    he's pretty big, over 6 foot tall and he wants to lose weight. i told him that a sauna suit only causes water weight loss but he was saying that sweating more burns more calories.
    does anyone else think that wearing sauna suits is a good thing? has anyone got any bad experiences of wearing or do you enjoy wearing one

Sweating does not burn more calories, if your friend believes that then he is very misguided. Sweating is the byproduct of lost water, sodium, potassium and electrolytes. It has nothing to do with fat loss. If he wants to lose weight then I would suggest he do roadwork in the morning before breakfast, strength training and some form of hard conditioning like wind and/or hill sprints, body-weight circuits for no more than two days a week. Sauna suits are a mere waste of money and will not yield the results your mate seeks. If anything there are good for shedding water pounds before a weigh in.

Comment

Chiming in

Originally posted by adzy View Post
      one of my mates was asking the other week about whether he should wear a sauna suit when working out.
      he's pretty big, over 6 foot tall and he wants to lose weight. i told him that a sauna suit only causes water weight loss but he was saying that sweating more burns more calories.
      does anyone else think that wearing sauna suits is a good thing? has anyone got any bad experiences of wearing or do you enjoy wearing one
      I agree with IronBoxer. Sweating does not make you burn more calories, you just loose water weight. In fact, you may burn LESS calories because your body can't perform as well in hot conditions, allowing you to work out less and less intense, thus decreasing the effect of your workout. The only time a sauna suit is associated with weight is during the "making weight" phase. Personally, I don't think it's smart to dehydrate yourself shortly before a fight, but that's my opinion. Anyhow, if you need to quickly cut a few pounds, loosing them in the form of water weight is the only way to do so...

Comment

Working...
      X