No announcement yet.

Epochal Green-Briggs fiasco turns on Hussein

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epochal Green-Briggs fiasco turns on Hussein

I'm over this story, but sadly the story is not over.

Billy Hussein is emerging as the 'patsy' in this tale of woe. Somehow Billy has let himself become a focal point of blame as Green and others rush to protect themselves.

I'm ambivalent about the claims Briggs has neurological problems. All and sundry were waving MRI scans and neurological reports following the NSW CSA's refusal to sanction the bout. I know four-fifths of ****-all about neuroscience. So you take these things in good faith.

As this ****storm blows through town, it emerges Paul is unable to remember which car he drives or what gym he's supposed to be training at. Unconfirmed stories of him driving to the church for a ******* and the whorehouse for confession.

Danny Green: "It is only coming to light now after what has happened that his trainer held grave concerns for his fighter's condition to compete. Where is his trainer and his camp's duty of care for their fighter?"

Good question. I don't know much about Billy Hussein, but I imagine he knows enough about boxing and fighters to know when to pull his man out of an upcoming bout. He didn't pull Paul Briggs out. He was sold on the deception Briggs wanted to fight.

If you believe Briggs intended to fight, as Hussein obviously did, you're probably naive enough to join the Green camp in trying to sell the punch as a legitimate knock-out. Sadly Billy has done this, and is now being painted as a villain by the Green camp.

Danny Green: "I am extremely disappointed and upset that these people let Briggs compete knowing the condition he was in. Why weren't we told? If we were, the fight would have been cancelled on the spot.

"I'm very sorry this whole scenario has taken place. But Paul Briggs and his team have a lot to answer for. As far as I knew, up until that punch landed, Paul Briggs was going to give me and the crowd a real show."

After walking up to Briggs and calling him a "****ing dog", Green is now telling us it was a legitimate punch.

Briggs was on A Current Affair earlier tonight. He said he was having problems balancing himself walking to the ring. He managed to balance himself to to the opening bell, at which point all of his contractual obligations were met and the 250k he signed for was his. Billy Hussein walked with him all the way there.

Perth neurosurgeon Dr Emil Popovic: ''It was a farce. You don't need to be a neurosurgeon to see that. It wasn't even a blow.

'' It glanced off him. It shouldn't have even knocked him down. He shouldn't have any problems from that. He was not concussed.''

Billy Hussein has been hung out to dry by Briggs and Green. If the spotlight's harsh glare is turning on Billy, I hope he realises he has no friends in this disgraceful saga.

I ****ing hate Danny Green even more now.

Well Danny, if Paul couldn't get licensed in NSW for health reasons wouldn't Danny be a little concerned by that? Or didn't that ring alarm bells? nah, only now. Yeah sure Green.

Now Green is saying it was a legit punch, come on Green. You knew you didnt land a punch on him.

Danny Green is a bigger piece of **** than Mundine imo now.

Danny Green is the most fortunate Australian to ever lace up a pair of gloves.

To think how much Money he has made when you compare it to the career he has had.

The Boxing World, knows Green is a joke. But I think the uneducated locals will start to see what Green is really like.

Originally posted by ColWallace View Post
    I'm over this story, but sadly the story is not over.

Billy Hussein is emerging as the 'patsy' in this tale of woe. Somehow Billy has let himself become a focal point of blame as Green and others rush to protect themselves.

I'm ambivalent about the claims Briggs has neurological problems. All and sundry were waving MRI scans and neurological reports following the NSW CSA's refusal to sanction the bout. I know four-fifths of ****-all about neuroscience. So you take these things in good faith.

As this ****storm blows through town, it emerges Paul is unable to remember which car he drives or what gym he's supposed to be training at. Unconfirmed stories of him driving to the church for a ******* and the whorehouse for confession.

Danny Green: "It is only coming to light now after what has happened that his trainer held grave concerns for his fighter's condition to compete. Where is his trainer and his camp's duty of care for their fighter?"

Good question. I don't know much about Billy Hussein, but I imagine he knows enough about boxing and fighters to know when to pull his man out of an upcoming bout. He didn't pull Paul Briggs out. He was sold on the deception Briggs wanted to fight.

If you believe Briggs intended to fight, as Hussein obviously did, you're probably naive enough to join the Green camp in trying to sell the punch as a legitimate knock-out. Sadly Billy has done this, and is now being painted as a villain by the Green camp.

Danny Green: "I am extremely disappointed and upset that these people let Briggs compete knowing the condition he was in. Why weren't we told? If we were, the fight would have been cancelled on the spot.

"I'm very sorry this whole scenario has taken place. But Paul Briggs and his team have a lot to answer for. As far as I knew, up until that punch landed, Paul Briggs was going to give me and the crowd a real show."

After walking up to Briggs and calling him a "****ing dog", Green is now telling us it was a legitimate punch.

Briggs was on A Current Affair earlier tonight. He said he was having problems balancing himself walking to the ring. He managed to balance himself to to the opening bell, at which point all of his contractual obligations were met and the 250k he signed for was his. Billy Hussein walked with him all the way there.

Perth neurosurgeon Dr Emil Popovic: ''It was a farce. You don't need to be a neurosurgeon to see that. It wasn't even a blow.

'' It glanced off him. It shouldn't have even knocked him down. He shouldn't have any problems from that. He was not concussed.''

Billy Hussein has been hung out to dry by Briggs and Green. If the spotlight's harsh glare is turning on Billy, I hope he realises he has no friends in this disgraceful saga.

Comment

Lets just hope Danny eventually fights a real threat and when that time comes he gets humiliated and beaten into retirement.

I regret feeling sorry for this guy in that first Beyer fight.

Comment

Green:

I am extremely disappointed and upset that these people let Briggs compete knowing the condition he was in. Why weren't we told? If we were, the fight would have been cancelled on the spot.
        Why did the fight end up in Perth Danny?

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
          I ****ing hate Danny Green even more now.

Well Danny, if Paul couldn't get licensed in NSW for health reasons wouldn't Danny be a little concerned by that? Or didn't that ring alarm bells? nah, only now. Yeah sure Green.

Now Green is saying it was a legit punch, come on Green. You knew you didnt land a punch on him.

Danny Green is a bigger piece of **** than Mundine imo now.

Danny Green is the most fortunate Australian to ever lace up a pair of gloves.

To think how much Money he has made when you compare it to the career he has had.

The Boxing World, knows Green is a joke. But I think the uneducated locals will start to see what Green is really like.
          I agree, green is scum! I blame this solely on him not Briggs and certainly not Hussien, his last 3 fights - a washed up Jones, Siacca hadnt fought in 5 odd years and Briggs in 3+ years, and now trying to sell the "punch", he's fu#$!d, he refuses to fight a legit fighter even having the ring announcer introduce him as the undisputed cruiserweight champ, i think Cunningham and Huck would dispute it.

Comment

Originally posted by Fozz1 View Post
            I agree, green is scum! I blame this solely on him not Briggs and certainly not Hussien, his last 3 fights - a washed up Jones, Siacca hadnt fought in 5 odd years and Briggs in 3+ years, and now trying to sell the "punch", he's fu#$!d, he refuses to fight a legit fighter even having the ring announcer introduce him as the undisputed cruiserweight champ, i think Cunningham and Huck would dispute it.
            I give Green credit for the Jones fight. Jones may have been past prime, but he still had enough to dispose of Lacy and most fancied his chances over Green as well. I do give Green credit for bring him out and disposing of him in one round.

Agree with most of the other stuff, Siaca was horrible.

The spotlight will be on Green for his next opponent thankfully, he won't get away with fighting another can. Either fight a legit cruiser or drop the belt, the charade and go back into retirement.

Comment

Jones was an acceptiable fight for sure.

but now, green has to fight Marco Huck or Lebadev or someone like that

Comment

Working...
              X