No announcement yet.

Who has the better resume in your opinion; Calzaghe or Tua

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
    I think anyone who fought Ottke in Germany without blackmailing the Judges first need their head examined, that guy had 5-6 wins on a par with valuev and the Reid and first Brewer fight was two of the worst disicions I have ever seen.

I have only seen the highlights of the Shieka/Glen fight not the entire fight, in 2000 I was sat in the med on a warship for the last 6 months of the year (start June -start Dec) and had to rely on my dad sending out VHS tapes.

But having watched the Skeika/johnson fight and the Shieka/Calzaghe fight on the same tape or at least in the same batch of tapes i don't think Johnson would have lasted 6 rounds against Calzaghe at SMW.

Just watch the whole fight. Score it. And let me know if you think Sheika wins that at all.

I'm not going to do a styles makes fights troll comment but I will say Glen Johnson > Robin Reid who gave Joe hell.

Comment

• Well for a start i don't know whether it's resume of wins or just fought? but if its who's fought the better oppostion it thats a hard 1 but better wins its Calzaghe. But Tua' Resume of opponets it pretty good aswell he fought 7 former wolrd or undisputed champions and out of the 7 he's beat 4 which is pretty impressive and he's beat some decent/good contenders in David Izon,Darroll Wilson,Obed Sullivan,Robert Daniels,Danell Nicholson,Fres Oquendo,and fought some very good contenders especailly Ike Ibeabuchi one of the biggest ''What if's'' in boxing and in a fight which could of gone either way.So even do Calzaghe's is better its not by margins apart and i always thought Tua was worthy of a world title.
      Last edited by Southpaw16BF; 01-07-2009, 04:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
        Well for a start i don't know whether it's resume of wins or just fought? but if its who's fought the better oppostion it Calzaghe and better wins its Calzaghe. But Tua' Resume of opponets it pretty good aswell he fought 7 former wolrd or undisputed champions and out of the 7 he's beat 4 which is pretty impressive and he's beat some decent/good contenders in David Izon,Darroll Wilson,Obed Sullivan,Robert Daniels,Danell Nicholson,Fres Oquendo,and fought some very good contenders especailly Ike Ibeabuchi one of the biggest ''What if's'' in boxing and in a fight which could of gone either way.So even do Calzaghe's is better its not by margins apart and i always thought Tua was worthy of a world title.
        Give me a break.

Guys like David Starie, Will Mcintyre, Tocker Pubwill, Miguel Angel Jiminez, Rick Thronberry, and Lucniano Torres count as stellar opposition.

Pass the Kool aid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post
          Well for a start i don't know whether it's resume of wins or just fought? but if its who's fought the better oppostion it Calzaghe and better wins its Calzaghe. But Tua' Resume of opponets it pretty good aswell he fought 7 former wolrd or undisputed champions and out of the 7 he's beat 4 which is pretty impressive and he's beat some decent/good contenders in David Izon,Darroll Wilson,Obed Sullivan,Robert Daniels,Danell Nicholson,Fres Oquendo,and fought some very good contenders especailly Ike Ibeabuchi one of the biggest ''What if's'' in boxing and in a fight which could of gone either way.So even do Calzaghe's is better its not by margins apart and i always thought Tua was worthy of a world title.
          Left Hook Tua was criticizing the level of opposition that Calzaghe fought which is why CastorTroy made this thread (as a response) so I would say that it's about who they fought.

Calzaghe obviously achieved more in his career but Tua fought the best heavyweights in his prime.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
            Just watch the whole fight. Score it. And let me know if you think Sheika wins that at all.

I'm not going to do a styles makes fights troll comment but I will say Glen Johnson > Robin Reid who gave Joe hell.
            Why not you do it all the time by pointing out Calzaghe's 5 worst opponents as champions even though 3 are madetory's and Starie was pulling a froch and calling him out every day of the week.

I Think that might be why Calzaghe get so pissed with Froch actually.

Anyway i'm off to try and find a Youtube showing the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
              Why not you do it all the time by pointing out Calzaghe's 5 worst opponents as champions even though 3 are madetory's and Starie was pulling a froch and calling him out every day of the week.

I Think that might be why Calzaghe get so pissed with Froch actually.

Anyway i'm off to try and find a Youtube showing the fight.
              Download the torrent.

And I don't think much of Joe's "best competition either". Lacy was **** and Kessler hasn't beaten anyone. But the bulk of his WBO reign is filled with ****ty nobodies and skilless losers. The rest of it is mediocre at best.

He gets credit for longevity which is still an accomplishment even with good matchmaking that's hard to do at some level. And he's very skilled. But arguing that he has had great competition is pretty sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by bsrizpac View Post
                Download the torrent.

And I don't think much of Joe's "best competition either". Lacy was **** and Kessler hasn't beaten anyone. But the bulk of his WBO reign is filled with ****ty nobodies and skilless losers. The rest of it is mediocre at best.

He gets credit for longevity which is still an accomplishment even with good matchmaking that's hard to do at some level. And he's very skilled. But arguing that he has had great competition is pretty sad.

I agree.

Calzaghe deserves credit for being unefeated, but facts is, he's fought bums or passed it old men.
                His best wins are against Kessler and Lacy. I mean that is not much to write home about

Comment

• Opposition faced, Tua. Opposition defeated, Calzaghe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tengoshi View Post
                    Opposition faced, Tua. Opposition defeated, Calzaghe.
                    I can see where you are coming from.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
                      resume is actually winning fights.

calzaghe by far
                      Calzaghe has 5 "good" wins then, he still falls short

Hopkins (older but good)
                      Jones Jr (shot as fk, not a big accomplishment unless you want to proclaim Tarver the GOAT)
                      Eubank (don't know much about him but I've heard his name a lot so i
                      m assuming its one of his decent wins)
                      Kessler (unproven, but undefeated)
                      Lacy (decent win, nothing special)

not a great resume, 2 of those fighters were very past prime or coming off losses, Lacy has since been proven to be a hypejob, Kessler still hasn't proven anything.

So he has one really good win, Bernard Hopkins - and it was an ugly one at that, a fight he got awarded points for not even landing,

Comment

Working...
                      X