No announcement yet.

The Economy is failing on the verge of collapse, Peter Schiff was right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
    I'd like to hear more about this supposed "incredible growth".

Where was it? What exact area of industry was booming?

Starbucks barista's and waiters? Service jobs? Or are you talking about speculators artificially creating bubbles to dupe morons into thinking the economy is strong before they pull the rug out from under them.

Plzzz explain.

I dont think Pig has much understanding about economy. I believe he only likes to dive into all kinds of matters to try and show his intelligence in all areas by primarily getting his information from things such as BBC or the Times, or whatever mainstream newspaper they have in Canada. Except in many cases it just does not work out to his favor, because the mainstream tells you what to believe, and then becomes captain hindsight when things dont pan out like they claimed it would. In reality they knew the deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
      I dont think Pig has much understanding about economy. I believe he only likes to dive into all kinds of matters to try and show his intelligence in all areas by primarily getting his information from things such as BBC or the Times, or whatever mainstream newspaper they have in Canada. Except in many cases it just does not work out to his favor, because the mainstream tells you what to believe, and then becomes captain hindsight when things dont pan out like they claimed it would. In reality they knew the deal.
      Solid post.

Of course they did. Schiff wasn't nearly the only one.

Some guys much smarter and more respected than him were saying the same thing for years.

Roubini, Mandelbrot, Stieglitz from the world bank and even Mr. Princeton himself Paul fucking Krugman.

Comment

Originally posted by Enayze View Post
        Those links only show that Schiff was proven right within the following 2-4 years.
        Eight years. And he was wrong about his prediction of an immediate economic decline... he kept on at it and eventually he was right.

His gold prediction is also bogus because everybody knows that gold increases in value in uncertain economic times.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          Eight years. And he was wrong about his prediction of an immediate economic decline... he kept on at it and eventually he was right.

His gold prediction is also bogus because everybody knows that gold increases in value in uncertain economic times.
          So gold increased during uncertain economic times yet you claim there was incredible growth.

Uh oh.

He was actually right, the economy was already bankrupt but they kept it alive artificially for as long as they could until it burst. That's what a bubble is.

You thought the bubble was growth. It was a ruse to fool gullible people like you.

Comment

Originally posted by Subtraction View Post
            So gold increased during uncertain economic times yet you claim there was incredible growth.

Uh oh.

He was actually right, the economy was already bankrupt but they kept it alive artificially for as long as they could until it burst. That's what a bubble is.

You thought the bubble was growth. It was a ruse to fool gullible people like you.

I may be quaint but for a measure of economic growth I use the stock market indexes. I know that this is terribly naive of me and I should be using Alex Jones' radio show instead, but there you have it, I'm just one of those guys who thinks that you should use the same measure of things as everybody else does.

Comment

I may be quaint but for a measure of economic growth I use the stock market indexes. I know that this is terribly naive of me and I should be using Alex Jones' radio show instead, but there you have it, I'm just one of those guys who thinks that you should use the same measure of things as everybody else does.
              The same people that said the "fundamentals of the economy are sound" with a straight face? When even a cashier at the grocery store could've told you differently?

That IS quaint. And very gullible.

Comment

That video is dated 2002, the real estate bubble burst in 2007 thats respectively five years later.
                His gold prediction was not bogus, because people did not listen to what he was saying when he said it. And if everyone knows this then why didnt everyone invest in gold? And the increase of gold is not an indicator of the value of gold, but the de-value of paper money. With this being said Gold's price has been rising at a steady rate since 2002, which clearly showed that the economic growth of United States was what was bogus.
                Last edited by Enayze; 01-05-2011, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abba Zaba View Post

Comment

Working...
                  X