No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios Clocks in Over 150 Sparring Rounds For Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios Clocks in Over 150 Sparring Rounds For Pacquiao

Macau - "Let's go 10 more rounds, Erick," Brandon 'Bam Bam' Rios said when he rocketed the last big punch at left-hander Erick DeLeon in his workout Saturday at the Venetian Macau.

Hall of Fame trainer Robert Garcia got into the ring, separated the two fighters and said "that's it, Brandon. No more sparring. All of your sparring is over. We're ready to fight Manny Pacquiao."

After five months of training, over 150 rounds of sparring against assorted fighters, Rios wound up his eight rounds of sparring before a gathering of reporters and HBO's 24/7 cameras. [Click Here To Read More]

"Rios blocks punches and counters well" says his sparring partner, this has got to be some sort of sick joke.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      "Rios blocks punches and counters well" says his sparring partner, this has got to be some sort of sick joke.
      why a joke? its a fact that Rios blocks punches with his face...

Comment

As this fight gets closer I find myself rooting for "Bam Bam" more and more. I love Manny too but Brandon brings a ton of heart and energy to his fights. No matter who wins I'll be a little bit bummed, but I also expect Brandon to show a ton of heart and open up some eyes into how dangerous he can be.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ninth Layer View Post
          As this fight gets closer I find myself rooting for "Bam Bam" more and more. I love Manny too but Brandon brings a ton of heart and energy to his fights. No matter who wins I'll be a little bit bummed, but I also expect Brandon to show a ton of heart and open up some eyes into how dangerous he can be.
          After this fight, Rios will realize he will never be a great warrior despite how hard he tries.. after the fight he'll look like **** against others.

Comment

Who could Rios really spar to prepare him for Pacquiao?

Amir Khan could maybe prepare him for the speed and that's about it.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post

even borat believes rios is an underrated counter puncher

Comment

There will be a lot of bum page going on if bam bam sparks manroid

Comment

I like RIOS but PACMAN is on another level...BOY refused to fight PACMAN for a reason and RIOS will find it out on Nov.23.

Comment

I don't get why fighters at this level need to spar this much. IMO it's sparring, not the actual fights, the #1 culprit for fighter dementia and health issues.

You've been boxing since you were a kid, you have a style that defines you and won't change substantially from fight to fight. I'd say 50-60 rds tops per fight to get the in ring conditioning and work on the fight plan is enough.

Comment

Working...
                    X