Collapse
No announcement yet.

Americans are getting to see how tough the Eastern block fighters are

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whilst I find the mental strength of some of the eastern guys remarkable, especially Provodnikov, who I told everyone that would listen would beat Alvarado, I dislike the racial undertones of the TS - which are relatively evident in all of his threads - which usually makes me refrain from posting in his threads.

That being said, I don't agree with his selection of fighters. Someone like Provodnikov who is cold as ice, and was so cool headed and sat there and agreed with his loss to Bradley without blinking, is comparable to a guy who blamed defeat on poisoned water? Come on.

Kovalev, GGG, Provodnikov and to some extent Vitali have that eastern mentality, that lets you know they were born fighters. Wlad doesn't have that, and his fighting style doesn't reflect it one bit.

Lomachenkho possibly, I honestly couldn't say, and I doubt TS knows much more about him.

Comment

lulz. since when has anything from the eastern bloc been considered soft? **** you think those "in soviet russia..." jokes are about?

Comment

Originally posted by Dostojevski View Post
        Vitali always fights agressive and has a high punch output
        No he doesnt he fights scared to get hit. Both avoid toe toe battles at all cost and are boring as sht to watch

Comment

the same thing was said about abraham, bute, kessler.

no offense but eastern europe don't really have a history in the sport of boxing...........wlad & vitali are the only ones (in modern day) who have a decent resume. (legacy wise)

kovalev golovkin & prov have really done nothing legacy wise (and who's to say that they won't get ko'd a few times)

good recent 3 fighters but when comparing to america?

has to be a joke.............

also eastern europe has 15 countries.............america is one country which is even more embarrassing.
          Last edited by Godsfly; 10-20-2013, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
            Kovalev- would lose to a 50 year old man lol
            Wlad-Vitali- get Sparked by wilder
            GGG-Sergio and Quillin put him down
            Ruslan- Lost to an unconscious Bradley
            LOMENCHENKO- HAd one fight and will probably lose his next one lol

So maybe being from some random ass country doesn't help them so much.

Remarkable. Even most Trolls try to use fact facts rather than a crystal ball to substantiate their points,

Random ass country means what? That you lack any geographical knowledge? The countries in which these fighters were born is a matter of record. The fact that these Republics may have changed from being a Union (as is, (obviously) the United States) to their constituent nationalities is hardly relevant.

Your imaginative list of 'outcomes' includes only one that has actually happened. Bradley, who is, as he recently proved, an exceptionally skilled boxer, came very close to losing a fight which shoulda been his - Unless you're amongst those who believe that Bradley wouldn't have lasted another 30 seconds after the final bell.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-20-2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pigsfly View Post

no offense but eastern europe don't really have a history in the sport of boxing...........wlad & vitali are the only ones (in modern day) who have a decent resume. (legacy wise)

kovalev golovkin & prov have really done nothing legacy wise (and who's to say that they won't get ko'd a few times)

also eastern europe has 15 countries.............america is one country which is even more embarrassing.
              Well, phaps that could be 'cos pro boxing has existed for a mere 19 years (possibly 20, I can't remember off hand) and for the first decade at least, ex-soviet fighters were still taught that pro-boxing was a blood-sport and that the evil capitalist promoters would exploit their talent and health to line their own pockets (which may well remain a truth).

Well...

Judge for yourself...many of those 15 countries were a Union not so long ago, I have an interest in the ex-soviet fighters, but internationally there really is no denying the US is relatively declining to the greater numbers of international fighters.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 10-20-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

I don't think it's embarrassing at all. There have been some solid champs from the soviet bloc. Besides the Klitschko's there have been some good champ like Girgorian, Nazarov, and Arbachakov. And all of them had to pursue their careers outside of their native countries.
                Most of those countries are poor with oppressive governments. They still seem to have good amateur programs but the emphasis towards pro boxing is not the same. Not to mention that's most of these fighters come from rural communities in the middle of nowhere. If any promising young fighters really want to make as pros they have to come to the USA or Europe to pursue their dreams.
                They can't compete with the USA, I'm not disputing that but pro boxing has a well establish history here in America. They don't in that part of the world.

Comment

ggg going to make a good boy out of curtis stevens next

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
                    Kovalev- would lose to a 50 year old man lol
                    Wlad-Vitali- get Sparked by wilder
                    GGG-Sergio and Quillin put him down
                    Ruslan- Lost to an unconscious Bradley
                    LOMENCHENKO- HAd one fight and will probably lose his next one lol

So maybe being from some random ass country doesn't help them so much.
                    sore looser?

Comment

Population of the USA? 313 Million.
                      Population of Eastern Europe? 292 Million.

Comment

Working...
                      X