No announcement yet.

Am I the only person who believes that a fighter isn't "scared"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I the only person who believes that a fighter isn't "scared"

Am I the only one who thinks that when fighter A doesn't fight fighter B, it isn't automatically ducking and dodging? I mean, every single fighter is apparently ducking some other fighter according to this forum. Cotto is ducking Sergio. Sergio is ducking GGG. Donaire is ducking Mares/Rigo. Mayweather is ducking Pac/Canelo/Martinez. Garcia is ducking Rios. Canelo is ducking Trout. There are so many more reasons why these fights don't take place other than "they're scared". Negotiations exists and fall through over weights, money, settings and network. Promoters beef with each other. Those reasons just makes more logical sense then a fighter being scared to fight. I mean it's their job. People tend to think that the most experienced fighters are the ones that are scared. Or the ones at the top are the ones that are scared. No. The guy at the top has no other choice but to fight lesser opponents than himself. And that guy has options of lesser opponents. If he picks option A, then he is ducking option B and C. I think it's ******ed to think a person who works in an office, cooks in a kitchen, flip burgers at Mcdonalds, or whatever for a living can say a person who fights for a living is scared.

Edit..
    When I say scared, I don't mean fighter's don't get scared as if they are not human. Every time before I spar, I still get butterflies in my stomach because I don't want to feel that suffocating feeling when a guy is pummeling you in the corner. Or I don't want to look stupid. And mostly, I just hate getting punched in the solar plex. I get scared and I know ALL fighters get the jitters before going into the ring. But what I mean is, when normal people with normal jobs are saying a fighter is "scared" as an insult, it just doesn't make sense to me. What also seems ridiculous to me is that when a certain fights don't happen, rather than going to thousands of other more sensible reasons, they go straight to the 3 words, "scared to fight."

What I'm trying to say is, being scared is not the primary reasons why a lot of fights don't get made.
    Last edited by The_Sandman; 12-27-2012, 06:31 PM.

No, there's some fighters who are actually scared of other fighters.

For instance Floyd was scared of Margarito, Pacquiao and a few others.

I think Garcia is scared of Mattyhsse.

Comment

Did you watch Rigo vs Ramos?

Comment

The people who say fighters are scared are only reflected their own cowardly emotions on the fighter

Comment

People think its just the fighters making the fights but there is a ton that goes into making fights.

Comment

People throw around the word "duck" too freely, but you're naive and clueless if you think some fighters aren't scared of some particular fighters.

Comment

Doesn't matter how you spin it, Floyd is scared of Pacquiao, 07 Cotto, and 07 Margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                Doesn't matter how you spin it, Floyd is scared of Pacquiao, 07 Cotto, and 07 Margarito.
                all 3 top rank fighters.................soon as cotto left he got the fight....weird huh

Comment

Originally posted by Mato o Muero View Post
                  People throw around the word "duck" too freely, but you're naive and clueless if you think some fighters aren't scared of some particular fighters.
                  I understand if fighters feel like they're not ready. But scared? And I'm not saying ALL fighter aren't scared because fighters were scared to get in the ring with Tyson, but people on this forum or fans of this particular sport feel if a fight doesn't happen, it's automatically because they are scared when there are so many other, more logical, more reasonable, more sensible, more realistic reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                    all 3 top rank fighters.................soon as cotto left he got the fight....weird huh
                    well he also was brutally hit by Margarito and Pacquiao before that happened

Comment

Working...
                    X