No announcement yet.

Who was the most popular since Ali?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasn't frank Bruno very popular?

I heard his win in the McCall fight was a very emotional moment.

Comment

Originally posted by roeksel View Post
      Wasn't frank Bruno very popular?

I heard his win in the McCall fight was a very emotional moment.
      A Massive household name in the UK, not so much worldwide. Even in the UK though he wasn't/isn't as popular as a Ricky Hatton who just sold 18000 tickets to his comeback in no time at all Before an opponent was even named! Its Senchenko btw and i gots tickets! whoo hoo!

Comment

From 2000 on I would say Tyson was the most famous boxer to the general public. A lot of the general public still thought he was the heavyweight champion at that time.

IDK during the 80s but I do know SRL was on a ton of commercials. The only one that does many commercials now is Pac. DLH only did a few and put out some ****ty CD.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          Women know Tyson as the defendant in their sexual harassment suits.

Ali is known the world over as a fighter and an ambassador. He fought legendary wars in the ring... he was a divisive political figure... he remains an icon on the world stage. He sold out arenas in obscure corners of the world. He lit the Olympic Torch in 1996. His commentary after 9/11 was played on every news station.

Tyson was just a thug who was hyped as the next big thing, who ended up getting knocked out in every test he ever had. The only thing entertaining about Tyson is the hilarious way he completely ruined his personal and financial lives.
          yeah i know that, but arent u ask about popularity??? even it is bad popularity, iron mike is the most popular boxer all time.

Comment

Working...
          X