Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hatton Welcomes WBA's Decision on Lucas Browne's Drug Test

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hatton Welcomes WBA's Decision on Lucas Browne's Drug Test

HATTON PROMOTIONS has welcomed the World Boxing Association's resolution regarding Lucas "Big Daddy" Browne's failed drug test following his title victory over Ruslan Chagaev in Grozny, Russia on March 5 this year.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What a farce - obvious stitchup from the beginning

Comment

Really pleasing to hear Browne more or less cleared in this mess. One of the cases where I certainly believed Browne spoke the truth.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltschmerz View Post
        Really pleasing to hear Browne more or less cleared in this mess. One of the cases where I certainly believed Browne spoke the truth.
        Hmm. Why? I have some first hand info about staying in shape at 37 yo (no, Iīm not a boxer) and Clenbuterol. Browne seemed to be the leanest and fastest (or least slow) version of himself vs Chagaev and pissed dirty. Not that I care though, seems like a nice guy and willing to fight any man so let him. Just donīt make him a martyr or a saint just because the fight was in Russia.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
          Hmm. Why? I have some first hand info about staying in shape at 37 yo (no, Iīm not a boxer) and Clenbuterol. Browne seemed to be the leanest and fastest (or least slow) version of himself vs Chagaev and pissed dirty. Not that I care though, seems like a nice guy and willing to fight any man so let him. Just donīt make him a martyr or a saint just because the fight was in Russia.
          Not making him a martyr, simple stated I believed him. Could he have risen to the occasion and just fought the fight of his career?

Regardless of opinion, the WBA ruling is what counts here.

Comment

Not making him a martyr, simple stated I believed him. Could he have risen to the occasion and just fought the fight of his career?

Regardless of opinion, the WBA ruling is what counts here.
            Fair enough, letīs just agree to disagree. Iīm sure we both hope Oquendo stays retired and Browne gets to fight someone relevant.

Comment

He got the Russian stitchjob. I believed him from the beginning. Glad to see his name get cleared.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                Fair enough, letīs just agree to disagree. Iīm sure we both hope Oquendo stays retired and Browne gets to fight someone relevant.

yeah, Browne should get other relevant opponents, his performance with Chagaev beckons more, clenbuterol or not he seemed to have developed some style and strategy all of a sudden. But he will have been inactive for a while.

Comment

Count me in the "don't think he's guilty" camp.

Comment

yeah, Browne should get other relevant opponents, his performance with Chagaev beckons more, clenbuterol or not he seemed to have developed some style and strategy all of a sudden. But he will have been inactive for a while.
                    As soon as he fights someone relevant, he'll be stopped. He cuts too easily, has shoddy footwork, and almost no guard.

He's a nice guy, and should look to cash out against a 'name'.

Comment

Working...
                    X