No announcement yet.

Got my bill from the E.R

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
    Deliveryman is butthurt cause in Canada, you gotta make an appointment to go to the E.R.
    That's a joke right? I've been to E.R a few times, got seen to quickly and never had to pay a dime.

The US healthcare system is messed up and this is a great example of it.

So then, free health care? We must be communists! Oh wait.....

Comment

How much does insurance cost and what happens if you don't pay your bill?.

Comment

I pay around £30 a week NI so I don't have to worry about things like this. If I was unemployed my health care would be free.

Comment

Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
          Deliveryman is butthurt cause in Canada, you gotta make an appointment to go to the E.R.
          Wait, what?

No you don't. LOL

Comment

I remember I once rolled my ankle playing in a league and went to the emergency room. Well I was there they handed me a clipboard with the papers to fill out with my insurance info and billing information. After they x-rayed my ankle and wrapped it up they put me in a wheelchair and wheeled me out to my car. The orderly helped me out of the wheelchair and into my car and wheeled away. I realized I was still holding the clipboard with all the info so I just drove off. They never called me and I was never billed. Now everything is done on computers before they treat you. Thats my fault I guess! I did that!

I pay for my wife, daughter and myself more for insurance in 4 months than Cutthroat's entire emergency room bill. That's with a high deductible too. No one in my family have been to the emergency in years. So the money's been wasted. But you gotta have insurance, what if something bad happens? It is a drag because while I'm paying far more for insurance than I am for my house and car. I get nothing for it but peace of mind.

A very expensive peace at that!

Comment

More than 60% of bankruptcies in America are caused by medical bills and 3/4 of those have medical insurance.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
                I went in around 2 weeks ago, I was having a gallbladder attack or some really bad heartburn, whatever it was gave me a really bad pain in the center of my abdomen, I had a fever, couldn't even open my jaw for some reason either, couldn't stand up straight etc.

I still don't even know what happened because all they did was push on my stomach, get a urine/blood test, and the Dr. Talked to me for literally a minute, they also gave me some lidocaine/maalox drink to help my stomach.

I also drove there, no ambulance. They originally wanted to use a sonogram to see what was wrong with me but since I have no insurance I was like **** that, I also felt better throughout the 4 hours I was waiting there, I don't wanna pay $1000+ for a sonogram, so they released me, didn't even diagnose me with anything.

Got my bill today for $2900 LMAO, they took mercy on me and dropped it down to just $1000 haha. $1000 to sit on a cheap ass bed and talk to a Dr for 1 minute that doesn't even diagnose me with anything, wtf? Again the only tests I had done were a blood and urine test, they also gave me some of that maalox and lidocaine.

I had to get stitches before, they stitched me up, gave me a shot of lidocaine, prescribed me prednisone as well, all this came to $300 which I expected but $1000 for this? Ridiculous.
                Holy ****. . .

Lol but you should have just gone to Urgent Care. .

Or I know this sounds stupid, but unless you really feel that horrible, you can self-diagnose yourself with a few google searches, or medical websites. I've done it a few times, found what was wrong, used the remedies, and got better.

I haven't even had a common cold in like 5-6 years, but I've gotten little niggles, migraines, food poisoning, terrible bloating, green poop, etc. . .

But if you really felt that bad, you should have gone to urgent care. Still would have been expensive, but a lot cheaper than an ER visit.

Anyway, in the future, we'll all have insurance coverage, so you wouldn't have to worry about it. . . In the meantime, if you have trouble paying it, you can just pay whatever you can each month - as long as you pay something.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
                  Wait, what?

No you don't. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by timbatron View Post
                    I pay around £30 a week NI so I don't have to worry about things like this. If I was unemployed my health care would be free.
                    This is pretty much what we should all be aiming for.

Here in Aus its getting that way, but it is probably a little in favour of not paying for it.

eg my Bro makes $60k a year and doesnt have it, simple because hes covered anyway, we all are.

its not easy but the US seems to have it wrong imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      More than 60% of bankruptcies in America are caused by medical bills and 3/4 of those have medical insurance.
                      Wow has it really changed that much in 4 years? Must be change you can believe in.

Buried in the study is the fact that only 27 percent of the surveyed debtors had unreimbursed medical expenses exceeding $1,000 over the course of the two years prior to their bankruptcy. … Nobody likes to pay $1,000 in medical expenses even when they get two years to do it in, but for most Americans (particularly those with enough at stake to seek the protection of bankruptcy) it is not catastrophic.

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/12/hea...-bankruptcies/

Comment

Working...
                      X