No announcement yet.

tall skinny bastards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tall skinny bastards

I have been doing MMA for about 6 months now. and boxing a little. but I am 5'10'' and 190. I am going to be boxing a guy that is 6'4' and 200. whats the best way to go about those guys that have you by 5'' of reach. I am good at working the body and usually prefer shots to the body. but any kind of strategy would be nice. thanks

Keep your guard up, bob and weave, jab you way inside and work the body.

Comment

feint counter jab to the body all night long ...make him lower that gaurd and when he does tee off on his chin as hard and as often as you can without getting off your game plan of countering to the body
      counter shots are usually supriseing...you keep doing that to the body hes gonna feel it and its gonna suck more energy due to the shock factor... run it playa

Comment

drop low and destroy that body. a five inch reach dont mean **** if you're in the pocket rippin' hard.

Comment

I'd say try to get inside, you will have a big target to hit and he will have trouble hitting you while you're there.

Comment

Originally posted by xshot13b
            I have been doing MMA for about 6 months now. and boxing a little. but I am 5'10'' and 190. I am going to be boxing a guy that is 6'4' and 200. whats the best way to go about those guys that have you by 5'' of reach. I am good at working the body and usually prefer shots to the body. but any kind of strategy would be nice. thanks
            build a strong mentality, he bleeds just like you, no intimidation

Comment

Well, ended up landing the tall skinny bastard in the finals at the tourney I was in. I ended up knocking him out in the 1st. worked his ribs real hard and then put him to sleep with a nice hook. went 3-0 that tourney and I boxed like ****. First time in the ring, it's amazing how much you can forget when you got some idiot swinging at you. It all turned out well, thanks for the tips

Comment

Working...
              X