Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing is fixed and only ghetto people watch boxing!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [LMAO!] Boxing is fixed and only ghetto people watch boxing!

This is what I was told my an old country hick this morning. I wanted to hit him across the face with a hot frying pan but I didn't want him to see that he got on my nerves. I can't stand old people sometimes!

If I were old I would hate how boxing is nowadays too. Think how awesome a fight would be if everyone showed up in suits and hats and the ladies were in their nicest outfits (all those glorious toes). Now 2/3rds of the arena is filled with Nikes and logo tees.

Comment

Figueroa Arakawa was fixed.....uh ok then.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        If I were old I would hate how boxing is nowadays too. Think how awesome a fight would be if everyone showed up in suits and hats and the ladies were in their nicest outfits (all those glorious toes). Now 2/3rds of the arena is filled with Nikes and logo tees.
        So do you suggest that they should have a dress code for boxing? I see the same outfits at Nba and football games, why should boxing be different?

Comment

I will say this as a trainer. I'm working more and more with MMA fighters that want to learn better boxing.

Working with MMA fighters that come from more of a martial arts back ground, and collegiate wrestling background they are amazing to work with.

Never complain, are incredibly humble, even fukin bow to me out of respect. When I tell them to do something, they do it.

I think there is a street mentality to boxing that doesn't exist in MMA, and I sometimes hate working with boxers. Especially pro's who just have a **** attitude and act very ignorant.

You hardly ever see fist fights at MMA press conferences, you don't hear much trash talking. I mean it does happen once in a while but nothing like boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
            So do you suggest that they should have a dress code for boxing? I see the same outfits at Nba and football games, why should boxing be different?
            With NBA, just like boxing the first few rows are generally people dressed nicely. What is wrong with missing a more dignified age? People can dress however the hell they want, but other people do notice.

Comment

People in Vegas and uk dress nicely for big fight events

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                I will say this as a trainer. I'm working more and more with MMA fighters that want to learn better boxing.

Working with MMA fighters that come from more of a martial arts back ground, and collegiate wrestling background they are amazing to work with.

Never complain, are incredibly humble, even fukin bow to me out of respect. When I tell them to do something, they do it.

I think there is a street mentality to boxing that doesn't exist in MMA, and I sometimes hate working with boxers. Especially pro's who just have a **** attitude and act very ignorant.

You hardly ever see fist fights at MMA press conferences, you don't hear much trash talking. I mean it does happen once in a while but nothing like boxing.
                How often are their fist fights in boxing press conferences? Extremely rare.

There is some absolutely trash in MMA. I think your assessment is way off. Further the people you have trained doesn't represent any group a whole.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
                  This is what I was told my an old country hick this morning. I wanted to hit him across the face with a hot frying pan but I didn't want him to see that he got on my nerves. I can't stand old people sometimes!
                  The old country hick has too many accounts in the nsb me thinks

Comment

Originally posted by ***1048;ATAS View Post
                    How often are their fist fights in boxing press conferences? Extremely rare.

There is some absolutely trash in MMA. I think your assessment is way off. Further the people you have trained doesn't represent any group a whole.
                    Sorry but I have been doing this for over a decade now and my assessment is dead on.

It's not just the fights at press conference, it's the trash talking leading up, the way boxers act. Look, I love boxing, it's what I love to do but I have to be honest.

Since working with MMA fighter, I can say it's a COMPLETELY different environment. I ask them to do something, they do it. They talk very respectfully, they have this martial arts vibe to them that doesn't exist in boxing.

Are there exceptions to the rule? Sure but for the most part it's night and day being in an MMA gym and boxing gym. Even sparring is completely different. We go to other MMA gyms to spar, they are very respectful and aren't trying to humiliate each other.

I have to be very careful where I take my boxers to spar because things can get completely out of line. I have heard the most cruel and vicious things in boxing gyms during sparring sessions. Talking bad about the kid getting beat up right in his face.

Sorry man, it's a totally different vibe.

Comment

Working...
                    X