No announcement yet.

the can Froch defeat Ward thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the can Froch defeat Ward thread.

This i hope is a non fan boy discussion on can and how Froch defeats the difficult to beat Andre Ward. Now let me start by saying, i think Froch Can beat Ward. But the disclaimer is, its going to be unlikely as stylistically ward is someone that the rest of the super middles have now found a way to crack yet. But imo there were possibly a few clues and hints on how froch can win/make it even more competitive than last time.

IMO this fight was not the "schooling" that some people claimed it was. A comprehensive win yes, schooling, no. IMO Froch lost by 4 rounds and two of the judges had it same or even only 2 rounds. Froch landed some good shots(albeit not regular enough/to late). And since i thought froch finished the better of the two i think that there is something to build on.

1) Froch claimed he did not Spar with any inside fighters-If this is true what froch said in the post fight interview, then thats shambolical. How a top level fighter could not spot that ward is a very good inside fighter is beyond me, especially for the super 6 final. Froch needs to spar with as many dirty rough fighters as possible. Guys like Bika and bellew. Perhaps some light heavyweights, who like inside game.

2)Tactics-froch got his tactics wrong wrong wrong. Imo as a froch fan froch went from being not technical enough from taylor and pascal days, then trying to be some illusive slick fighters from Kessler, Abraham, wards and glen johnson period. Froch since Bute seems to have found a balance between skill and agression/brawling.

However he should in this fight goes go for pure agression. Ward been boxng since hes a placenta, so froch aint going to hang with him technically. Froch however won 4 rounds by sheer agression,especially the last 3 rounds. Froch should have fought the last 3 like the first 3. Basically froch has the power to stop ward and he will need to make it an out right brawl to win.

3) Home advantage. It is a massive thing. Its no coincidence that no ones lost in the super 6 at home. Froch has a harcore lions den support. But other factors like jet lag/prep saps the traveller by a few percent. And since boxing all about percentages this could be a factor. NO WAY should Froch travel to ward.

4)Wards health-This guy has been inactive with a broken hand and a torn shoulder for ages. Hes been inactive, and like jeff lacey, an injury could change a fighter mentally. Will Ward be as physical, as froch is more Athletic than Ward, any injuries will make him struggle.

Sure; but I doubt he will

Comment

Just doing what he did Saturday would make it a much more competitive fight, high activity and let his hands go. Ward is too fast for Froch to try and time or plant his feet and throw, he needs to keep sticking that jab out and unleash when Ward gets into range, rough him up make it a war and do whatever he can to piss Ward off and make him angry.

Comment

A fighter like Froch always has a chance of winning although if he fights as ******ed as he did in the 1st fight then the outcome will be exactly the same.

Comment

"the can Froch"

Tomato can or tin can?

JK JK, Froch will never be able to defeat Ward. Ward's may be afraid to travel but he's far superior and his ring IQ is too high to let a sloppy puncher take him to school.

Comment

Originally posted by SnakeVen0m View Post
            "the can Froch"

Tomato can or tin can?

JK JK, Froch will never be able to defeat Ward. Ward's may be afraid to travel but he's far superior and his ring IQ is too high to let a sloppy puncher take him to school.
            Sloppy? Froch isn't sloppy just watching paint dry slow.

Comment

If he fights like he has recently it will be a much more competitive fight. Close rounds would go to Froch this time if it's in the UK.

No ****ing way is Andre Ward KO'ing Froch with 2 hands, 1 hand or no hands. Does people not understand that fighters like Froch and Kessler need to be hit with a brick 90 times to be KO'd.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
                This i hope is a non fan boy discussion on can and how Froch defeats the difficult to beat Andre Ward. Now let me start by saying, i think Froch Can beat Ward. But the disclaimer is, its going to be unlikely as stylistically ward is someone that the rest of the super middles have now found a way to crack yet. But imo there were possibly a few clues and hints on how froch can win/make it even more competitive than last time.

IMO this fight was not the "schooling" that some people claimed it was. A comprehensive win yes, schooling, no. IMO Froch lost by 4 rounds and two of the judges had it same or even only 2 rounds. Froch landed some good shots(albeit not regular enough/to late). And since i thought froch finished the better of the two i think that there is something to build on.

1) Froch claimed he did not Spar with any inside fighters-If this is true what froch said in the post fight interview, then thats shambolical. How a top level fighter could not spot that ward is a very good inside fighter is beyond me, especially for the super 6 final. Froch needs to spar with as many dirty rough fighters as possible. Guys like Bika and bellew. Perhaps some light heavyweights, who like inside game.

2)Tactics-froch got his tactics wrong wrong wrong. Imo as a froch fan froch went from being not technical enough from taylor and pascal days, then trying to be some illusive slick fighters from Kessler, Abraham, wards and glen johnson period. Froch since Bute seems to have found a balance between skill and agression/brawling.

However he should in this fight goes go for pure agression. Ward been boxng since hes a placenta, so froch aint going to hang with him technically. Froch however won 4 rounds by sheer agression,especially the last 3 rounds. Froch should have fought the last 3 like the first 3. Basically froch has the power to stop ward and he will need to make it an out right brawl to win.

3) Home advantage. It is a massive thing. Its no coincidence that no ones lost in the super 6 at home. Froch has a harcore lions den support. But other factors like jet lag/prep saps the traveller by a few percent. And since boxing all about percentages this could be a factor. NO WAY should Froch travel to ward.

4)Wards health-This guy has been inactive with a broken hand and a torn shoulder for ages. Hes been inactive, and like jeff lacey, an injury could change a fighter mentally. Will Ward be as physical, as froch is more Athletic than Ward, any injuries will make him struggle.
                I've said it before and I will say it again, what sets Froch and Ward apart is footspeed. Unfortunately for Froch footspeed isn't something that can be trained into a fighter, it's God given.

Rematch results: Ward wins a UD in a somewhat competitive bout, carbon copy of the first fight

Comment

I think he has a chance to win. Ward has been out of action a long time and he has injuries. He may not be as good as he used to be. Froch has improved at the late age of 35. Maybe he did not fight his best fight last time and can fight better in a rematch. He can study the films of his last fight to see what changes he can make that would help him do better. He can get sparring partners that better prepare him for Ward. If he can fight Ward in England it's almost like starting the fight with 2 or 3 rounds already scored in his favor. Froch throws more punches per round than Ward. He has a better chin and a harder punch than Ward. Ward has Froch beat by a mile on boxing skill so Froch needs to try and make it a fast paced brawl.

Comment

Sure he can. It's boxing and anything can happen.

Will he? Probably not.

Comment

Working...
                    X