Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Shannon Briggs Paying Someone to Write these Articles?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm almost positive that this sites functions on the money it is paid for incessantly posting front page stories about fighters as undedicated to the sport as Tua and Briggs.

Seriously. Every time either one of these guys so much as farts we have a story about it in here despite the fact that neither man has been relevent for over 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
      I'm almost positive that this sites functions on the money it is paid for incessantly posting front page stories about fighters as undedicated to the sport as Tua and Briggs.

Seriously. Every time either one of these guys so much as farts we have a story about it in here despite the fact that neither man has been relevent for over 5 years.
      It's because there's nothing going on in the division. It is silly, but at the same time understandable.

Comment

The official weigh-in for the International Championship Boxing Knockout Series May 28 event at the Norfolk Scope Arena in Norfolk, Virginia was held on Thursday at Knuckleheads Roadhouse in Virginia Beach. On a quest for another heavyweight title opportunity, Shannon Briggs will challenge ring veteran Rob Calloway in Friday night’s main event. Briggs (50-5-1, 44 KOs) weighed in at 266 pounds while Calloway (75-11-2, 60 KOs) was 212 pounds.

“I’m feeling good,” said Briggs a day before his third fight of the year. In April he scored a first round knockout victory and just last week he earned a 20-second TKO victory in round one. Calloway may offer more of a challenge.

“This is a guy with a lot of experience,” said Briggs of his opponent. “He’s been there, done that and fought a lot of guys and world champions. This is a guy who knows how it is to go to the big dance and that’s a plus for him. It’s also a plus for me because he’s a guy that should give me some work and should give me some rounds. These fights are preparation for me to fight for the title again. These are the steps I have to take before I’m ready for that.”

Although his focus is on a future world title, the Brooklyn, New York native is not looking past Calloway. “I can focus one day at a time, one fight at a time,” said Briggs. “I’m looking forward to becoming heavyweight champion of the world and, more importantly, to becoming the people’s champion. I think that’s more important today than anything as far as a belt is concerned. People don’t care about the belts. They want someone they like and someone they enjoy watching fight. If I never win a belt again, who cares, as long as I can do what I’m doing, get crowds to come out and generate interest in boxing. That’s all I really care about.”

Although facing a formidable opponent, Calloway hopes a victory or a good showing against the former heavyweight champion will put him in line for another big money fight. “I trained hard. I’m in good shape. I look forward to it,” said the Saint Joseph, Missouri fighter. “Starting out, I can’t get hit with those big punches in the first couple rounds because Shannon is a very big puncher, a very strong guy and he’s a very quick starter. I’m not a fool, the first two rounds will be dangerous. I’ll keep my hands up. I know how to fight. I’ll get through the first couple rounds then I’ll start to turn on the heat from round three on.”

In the co-feature bout, Daniel Judah (23-5-3, 10 KOs), also from Brooklyn, will challenge Caroline County, Virginia’s Adam Seal (7-1, 6 KOs). Judah’s weight was 191 pounds while Seal weighed-in at 187 pounds.

“He’s a youngster coming up. I’ve been there,” Judah told ********* at the weigh-in. “I’ve been with the big dogs and I am one of the big dogs myself. It’s going to be a short night. I’m going to get back to the old game. Throwing punches, throwing combinations and being more aggressive and more focused. Not laid back. I can’t lay back no more. It’s now or never.”

“We’ve been pushing really hard,” said Seal about his training for Judah. “This is the biggest opportunity I’ve had. I feel like this is a championship fight for me. I’m putting it all on the line tomorrow night.”

Six other bouts highlight promoter Jack Fulton’s May 28 ICB Knockout Series event at the Norfolk Scope Arena. General admission and ringside tickets ranging in price from $25 to $150 are available at the Scope Arena box office and all Ticketmaster outlets. A limited number of V.I.P. packages ($575 and $2500) are still available by calling 800-245-1599. Doors open at 7:00 p.m. with the first bout around 8:00 p.m.

Shannon Briggs 266 vs. Rob Calloway 212
        Bobby Jordan Jr. 174 vs Frank Armstrong 174
        Tyrell Samuel 130 vs Ron Boyd NA
        Frankie Filippone 162 vs Taurean Edwards 162
        Stephan Alexander 129 vs Cyprian Khumalo 133
        Jason Wahr 151 vs John Michael Terry 156
        Dorsett Barnwell 240 vs Kareem Wilson NA

Promoter: International Championship Boxing
        Venue: Norfolk Scope Arena

*F.i.g.h.t.n.e.w.s.com*

Comment

Briggs should fight Tua, loser retires.

Comment

I would not be surprised if Calloway pulled the upset. If he can weather the storm in the early rounds he can start to outwork Briggs and test his stamina...
            ________
            Yamaha Mo Specifications
            Last edited by BostonGuy; 03-09-2011, 04:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
              I would not be surprised if Calloway pulled the upset. If he can weather the storm in the early rounds he can start to outwork Briggs and test his stamina...
              Audley Harrison stopped Calloway - and that was years ago. He's given a lot of people good fights, but I doubt he'll be able to take Briggs' shots. Not that a win will mean much for Briggs anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Calloway couldn't weather Briggs' storm.. He was KOd in 98 seconds..

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                  Calloway couldn't weather Briggs' storm.. He was KOd in 98 seconds..
                  Thats 3 1st rd kos in a row.....IDK why but its just funny to me how he is coming back stopping these guys like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Thats 3 1st rd kos in a row.....IDK why but its just funny to me how he is coming back stopping these guys like that.
                    Yeah, I hope he steps up soon.. He should fight guys like Dmitrenko, Tony Thompson or Chagaev..

Comment

Originally posted by flem1 View Post
                      Yeah, I hope he steps up soon.. He should fight guys like Dmitrenko, Tony Thompson or Chagaev..
                      Those are perfect step ups for him, Maybe Dimitrenko 1st because Chag could be some trouble for him still if he has not had any tough fights in a while and he hasn't.

Comment

Working...
                      X