Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd hurting boxing by being the face of the sport?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and i dont think floyd is hurting the sport, atleats not due to his boxing

but i think it is his fault the cold war is happening, so many great fights were being made before he came in and caused the divide

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Fighters are getting bigger paydays, there are 2 major networks covering boxing, and the cards have gotten better. How is that bad?
      You would dearly love to give floyd the credit for all that! Slurp slurp!

Comment

I'll never understand some of you people. Seriously. Mayweather consistently has the most ppv sales of any boxer, past or present, but I constantly see threads like this. Floyd has been a ppv attraction for the better part of 8 years. If his style was as boring as some of you people make it seem then he wouldn't sell as many ppvs as he does. Its that simple. I get it...he doesn't knock people out. Get over it. The same people that keep saying how boring he is, how bad of a face of boxing he is, are the same people that make 4 threads a day about him. Get off of his dick. The best way to get him to go away is to stop talking about him and not buy his ppv, but you can't help yourselves. He's entertaining whether u want to admit it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

but i think it is his fault the cold war is happening, so many great fights were being made before he came in and caused the divide
          The divide that you're talking about actually started when Pacquiao verbally agreed to sign with Golden Boy after forgetting that he signed a contract with Top Rank, like the dumb ass businessman he continues to prove he is.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigg Rigg View Post
            Every Fight party we have for Floyd sucks compared to all the others. By the 5th rd ppl are losing interest and just start talking, drinking or eating more.
            I have fight parties also. The last fight party that was exciting was when Shane rocked him in the 2nd round.

Comment

3 million ppv's sold last year should answer your question

Comment

Originally posted by tank17211 View Post
                I have fight parties also. The last fight party that was exciting was when Shane rocked him in the 2nd round.
                Lol being Puerto Rican, Cotto busting up Floyd had us hype for a few. Shane cracking him though was crazy!!!! I was screaming for Mosley to take his dome off.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...den-boy-battle

Comment

IMO....the sport had 2 faces until one of them went face down....since we're blaming everything on Floyd and Boss man Al....I think it's their fault MH 370 hasn't been found....they are clearly hurting search and recover efforts.....boooooo Floyd!!

Comment

He's not helping the true fans of the sport. Fair weather boxing fans are his biggest draw. I can't remember the last Mayweather PPV I bought. I can appreciate his skills. He's actually better than he thinks he is. Unfortunately he's not real sure of himself. Wish he'd fight the Pac Man. I believe he would win easily and I'm no Mayweather ass kisser. I gladly pay for Pac's PPV's except the last one, which I can't fault him for. He RARILY fights guys that are easy fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X