No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa Targets Juanma Clash; Luis Olivares Update

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gamboa Targets Juanma Clash; Luis Olivares Update

New York, NY - After a spectacular pro debut that was televised nationally on ESPN on March 1, 50 Cent's SMS Promotions has Luis Olivares returning tonight, March 15 on Telemundo's televised card. Luis "Magic Man" Olivares (1-0), a 2012 US Olympic alternate and 2011 National Amateur Champion, will be facing off against Victor Vega from Puerto Rico in another nationally televised bout.

[Click Here To Read More]

After all this time JuanMa vs Gamboa is still a great fight! Still one of the top 5 best fights that can be made below 140. Maybe top 3

Comment

just lost all respect for Gamboa

Comment

Originally posted by MH300 View Post
        just lost all respect for Gamboa
        Just now? lol. Seriously though, after his last performance I see nothing wrong with this match up. Gamboa has good speed and power, but his defense makes Amir Khan look like Pernell Whitaker. He may still take most B-level guys out, but he can't hang with Broner. This is an awful match up and I hope it never happens.

Comment

I would love to see Gamboa versus Lopez, even now. Looks like it'll have to happen at lightweight, though. I know JuanMa is looking to go to 130. I don't think it'd be too much of a problem to meet at 135. At this point it would almost be like a grudge match, with Lopez having sustained two defeats.

I wonder how much of that interview was really Yuri doing the talking....

Comment

Why 50 writing his fighter trash talk, and having them sounding like lames. I could've sworn Gamboa said the Juanma fight is stale now, but now he all of a sudden wants it. You think Arum is going to let that fight happen over Garcia an up and coming star, when both are his fighters? This is another fight 50 ain't getting.

Comment

Yuck. This fight sucks on so many levels.

It would just be Gamboa beating on a shot fighter. No respect points Gamboa. You roided up fraud.

Comment

didn't know olivares was fighting tonight. its a decent Friday.

Marroquin on unimas and olivares on telemundo.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

135 or 130?

Comment

Ends inside 4.

Juanma has pretty good power, but he's slow as hell and wipe open. Target practice for Yuri, and his speed+power hitting a dodgy chin....yeah, over early.

Comment

Working...
                    X