No announcement yet.

Bradley vs Pacquiao reminds me of shane vs wright I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bradley vs Pacquiao reminds me of shane vs wright I

in both situations you had a marquee name taking on a high risk low reward p4p fighter for considerably less money in a move that altered both fighters careers. at first, many people didint think much of wright/mosley because at the time, wright was simply a guy who had lost his biggest fight to fernando vargas, but had credible showings against guys like bronco mckart, and a few others, but he never had that big name on his resume because presumably no one would take him on. his loss against vargas imo was questionable.

Pacquiao, with all thats been said about the mayweather negotiations, no matter how you spin it, would have made more money than fighting bradley. there is no way this fight grosses as much as mayweather/pac. even if pac is on the shorter side of whatever the revenue would be, it would have still killed whatever this fight is gonna do, because lets face it..bradley has no name whatsoever.

its a situation where logically taking on a guy like bradley makes very little career sense, for mosley i felt exactly the same way, why not take on de la hoya for far more money as opposed to taking on a guy like wright?

granted people love the idea of champions taking on anyone, but i also believe in properly guiding your career. this fight against bradley could honestly backfire if bradley comes in with the right strategy. bradley isnt as dangerous as wright was, but in contrast if pacquiao loses, he loses ALL leverage in a pacquiao mayweather fight, he loses his p4p ranking and loses his aura and will be stuck either rematching bradley or watch bradley take on mayweather in a war of undefeated's if mayweather beats cotto.

this fight had no build, no rivalry nothing, just out of nowhere bradley is number one. i sincerely still think pacquiaos team wont put him in with mayweather unless they want to cash out, but bradley doesnt make much sense either.

i hope i dont bump this thread june 9th by being right.
    Last edited by El Jesus; 02-17-2012, 03:37 AM.

pac just turned into this extremely religious guy dude...he actually believes that his job as a fighter is not right in the eyes of god now and there's no way to justify it...those are his exact words(in tagalog) just a few days ago...

Comment

Originally posted by Tulisanto View Post
      pac just turned into this extremely religious guy dude...he actually believes that his job as a fighter is not right in the eyes of god now and there's no way to justify it...those are his exact words(in tagalog) just a few days ago...
      how can i take anything you say seriously when you think people like me (black floyd fans) are nothing but malt liquer drinking, uneducated individuals?

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
        how can i take anything you say seriously when you think people like me (black floyd fans) are nothing but malt liquer drinking, uneducated individuals?
        he's simply a racist person, report him and move on. the mods have been really good at dealing with racism

Comment

bump that ****

Comment

in both situations you had a marquee name taking on a high risk low reward p4p fighter for considerably less money in a move that altered both fighters careers. at first, many people didint think much of wright/mosley because at the time, wright was simply a guy who had lost his biggest fight to fernando vargas, but had credible showings against guys like bronco mckart, and a few others, but he never had that big name on his resume because presumably no one would take him on. his loss against vargas imo was questionable.

Pacquiao, with all thats been said about the mayweather negotiations, no matter how you spin it, would have made more money than fighting bradley. there is no way this fight grosses as much as mayweather/pac. even if pac is on the shorter side of whatever the revenue would be, it would have still killed whatever this fight is gonna do, because lets face it..bradley has no name whatsoever.

its a situation where logically taking on a guy like bradley makes very little career sense, for mosley i felt exactly the same way, why not take on de la hoya for far more money as opposed to taking on a guy like wright?

granted people love the idea of champions taking on anyone, but i also believe in properly guiding your career. this fight against bradley could honestly backfire if bradley comes in with the right strategy. bradley isnt as dangerous as wright was, but in contrast if pacquiao loses, he loses ALL leverage in a pacquiao mayweather fight, he loses his p4p ranking and loses his aura and will be stuck either rematching bradley or watch bradley take on mayweather in a war of undefeated's if mayweather beats cotto.

this fight had no build, no rivalry nothing, just out of nowhere bradley is number one. i sincerely still think pacquiaos team wont put him in with mayweather unless they want to cash out, but bradley doesnt make much sense either.

If Manny happens to lose, I see him getting the rematch with Bradley as opposed to Bradley facing Mayweather. Especially with him being with Top Rank now. I also can see Manny facing Marquez again after the Bradley fight.

Comment

Initially I was shocked Pacquiao would go this route and was almost certain Peterson would be their pick, but Arum could definitely turn this into a trilogy, which Dazed brought up to me, of course all depending on how things go.

Comment

wtf are you talking about? shane-winky was a unification bout and shane had JUST FOUGHT OSCAR THE FIGHT BEFORE WINKY, not to mention he had 2 straight l's to vernon forrest just before oscar.

post fail. the entire thing is a fail

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                  wtf are you talking about? shane-winky was a unification bout and shane had JUST FOUGHT OSCAR THE FIGHT BEFORE WINKY, not to mention he had 2 straight l's to vernon forrest just before oscar.

post fail. the entire thing is a fail
                  umm....at the time this fight was put on, nobody thought shane should be taking on wright, we all knew it was a dangerous move and not only that, shane in alot of peoples eyes, lost that 2nd fight with de la hoya and alot of people wanted to see it again, not to mention it would have been for 10x the money that he got for fighting wright. i dont know if you werent following he sport at the time, but the wright/mosley fight wasnt some no brainer.

Comment

Not the same, Mosey was just a beast that did not cherrypick. Manny Stewart himself said if Mosley was his fighter he wouldn't put him anywhere near Winky.

Meanwhile Manny seems to be losing a few steps every fight, is ready to retire & tried to cherrypick Cotto at a mannyweight of 148. But Cotto refused the be the scapegoat & arum went with his next best available in-house fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X