Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does betting on fights ruin the experience?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does betting on fights ruin the experience?

I know any time I've bet, I'm obviously just hoping for my result to come up. So instead of just being able to sit back without a vested interest and just letting the drama unfold, I'm caught up in it and it ruins the experience for me.

But for others, I guess that just adds to the fun of it all.
    Yes
    46.43%
    No
    53.57%

I've had the same thing happen..

We have a "Quinela" for most fights where we put 12 numbers (rounds) in a bag and we put up $20 to grab a number and who ever has the number of the round the fight ends in wins the pot ($240)..

but then everyone is always talking like "It's gonna end here!, watch this is the round!"..If anyone pulls that **** here on Sat. or even brings up the "quinela" they gotta go!..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
      I've had the same thing happen..

We have a "Quinela" for most fights where we put 12 numbers (rounds) in a bag and we put up $20 to grab a number and who ever has the number of the round the fight ends in wins the pot ($240)..

but then everyone is always talking like "It's gonna end here!, watch this is the round!"..If anyone pulls that **** here on Sat. or even brings up the "quinela" they gotta go!..

Yeah I bet, no bull**** on Saturday. That's a cool idea though. Must suck when you get the first round.

Comment

back when i was betting i couldnt even watch the fights
        i judt looked at the result and if my guy won then i watched it

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post

Yeah I bet, no bull**** on Saturday. That's a cool idea though. Must suck when you get the first round.

Yea usually it's kept secret on the number you got, but you pretty much know who got the first round by the expression they give when they check their number.

Comment

I bet rarely. Last bet I made was Mosley over Margarito and I went for the decision. Was a mixture of regret and amazement when Mosley got the KO. Since he was one of my favourite fighters, that lessened the blow.

But most of the time I don't even like looking at odds. If I happen to catch a price, I'll contemplate a bet, won't go through with it, then be hoping that result doesn't come up during the fight

Comment

Oh wait, Haye over Valuev was my last.

Comment

Its like betting on the super bowl. I just care about the scores per qtr and don't really care who wins as long as I'm in the mix

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post

Yea usually it's kept secret on the number you got, but you pretty much know who got the first round by the expression they give when they check their number.
                  That's hilarious, man.

Would you bet on the fight this weekend?

Comment

lmaoooooo

IT MAKES IT BETTER

Comment

Working...
                    X