Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disregard the plaster issue, what did Marg do wrong in the Mosley fight to lose it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disregard the plaster issue, what did Marg do wrong in the Mosley fight to lose it?

I thought Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. He seemed to do everything right in that fight. He cut the ring off, uppercut Cotto, and body punches. But in his next fight, he seemed to have underestimated Shane's power. I thought Margarito is a type of pressure fighter where Cotto could not land a good body punch and he is also a sucker for the left hook which is Mosley money punch. Thoughts...

Hes to slow, and hes too hittable. He loses to Mosley 10 times out of 10 no mater what he does. He just doesn't have the physical gifts needed to beat a fighter like Shane.

Comment

easy, he got caught trying to cheat like 20 minutes before the fight. It was probably on his mind big time. It is like when someone gets caught doing something bad and they can't look a person in the eye except it's in a ring and he gets punch shy plus Mosley was pissed off at him.

Comment

he was facing a man with a ****in great gameplan & attributes to implement that gameplan against him...

marg is poor in improvising & his ability to adjust is really suspect...

Comment

Originally posted by RepublicaEnemy1 View Post
          I thought Margarito beat Cotto fair and square. He seemed to do everything right in that fight. He cut the ring off, uppercut Cotto, and body punches. But in his next fight, he seemed to have underestimated Shane's power. I thought Margarito is a type of pressure fighter where Cotto could not land a good body punch and he is also a sucker for the left hook which is Mosley money punch. Thoughts...
          not so much of what margs did wrong more of what mosley did right. mosley and nazim had a great game plan on how to beat margs and mosley executed it

Comment

he went in cold and underwieght at like 145.

Comment

Just was not Margarito's night. He got caught right before this fight trying to load his wraps, something that would weight heavy on his mind. He also weighed pretty light compared to what he usually comes at. Also Mosley came out like an animal with the perfect gameplan. Clinch Margo to tire him and destroy the body. Late in the fight when he's tired his punch resistance will fall, which is when Mosley KO'd him.

Comment

Originally posted by RepublicaEnemy1 View Post
                I don't think he beat Cotto legitimately either. If you remember, Cotto was boxing the **** out of him for the first 6 rounds, and then got hit with a couple of shots and all of a sudden changed his style. Paul Williams, the first 6 rounds of Cotto, and Mosley showed what you need to do to beat Margarito.

Comment

He doesn't have half the skill Mosley has...and he's slow as **** on his feet...and Margarito has to break people down...tough to break someone down when you can't hit them...

Comment

yeah he looked nervous about the whole thing, but thats not a valuable answer so leaving that aside ( that like or not was a big factor IMO )

Styles make fights and mosley style had "troubles" written all along for margo

Comment

Working...
                    X