No announcement yet.

Name a boxer/boxers who have inspired you to accomplish something

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivansmamma View Post
    When marquez at 39 years old KO:ed pacquiao with one punch my jaw dropped then i thought great thing can happen if you refuse to give up. Every situation can be turned around even if it looks bleak. Kind of inspiring when you have a bad situation to deal with.
    Good post, seeing Marquez after he kod Pac was inspiring as hell. After getting robbed in the third fight, which was I think a perfect fight, this guy just refused to give up. What is inspiring about this guy is also the fact that he has often been knocked down in his career, but every single time, he just get on his feet and continue to fight. This guy REFUSE to abandon fighting.

Classis Clay has inspired me as hell, particularly in his fight against Foreman (which is I think the best win ever). Foreman was a monster, no loss, almost all kos, he kod guys that gave Ali trouble, but still Ali went on to fight him. Afterwards Ali admitted that he was terrified before the fight, but he still went to fight. That's inspiring to me, in life some situation will terrify you, but you need to keep moving forward no matter what.

Pac is inspiring for the way he get out of poverty to inspire a whole nation. He has bring hope (and unfortunately some fanatics) to a whole nation and its admirable.

Hopkins inspired me in his fight against Pavlik. Most writers were saying that Pavlik would beat the old man. After the beating Hopkins put on Pavlik he just stood in front of the writers and looked at them without saying anything. That was freaking badass.

Floyd inspire me everytime I watch his training videos. People can hate the guy all they want, nobody trains as hard as this guy. He's the most dedicated fighter in the sport. And I think that in life, like in boxing, if you want to be the best you need to be training/studying/working when your ennemies are sleeping.

Emmanuel Augustus inspired me for the way he has taken so many fights with less than 1 week notice, to go beat young guys and get robbed in the process.

Im sure I forget some others...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcsuper View Post
      Good post, seeing Marquez after he kod Pac was inspiring as hell. After getting robbed in the third fight, which was I think a perfect fight, this guy just refused to give up. What is inspiring about this guy is also the fact that he has often been knocked down in his career, but every single time, he just get on his feet and continue to fight. This guy REFUSE to abandon fighting.

Classis Clay has inspired me as hell, particularly in his fight against Foreman (which is I think the best win ever). Foreman was a monster, no loss, almost all kos, he kod guys that gave Ali trouble, but still Ali went on to fight him. Afterwards Ali admitted that he was terrified before the fight, but he still went to fight. That's inspiring to me, in life some situation will terrify you, but you need to keep moving forward no matter what.

Pac is inspiring for the way he get out of poverty to inspire a whole nation. He has bring hope (and unfortunately some fanatics) to a whole nation and its admirable.

Hopkins inspired me in his fight against Pavlik. Most writers were saying that Pavlik would beat the old man. After the beating Hopkins put on Pavlik he just stood in front of the writers and looked at them without saying anything. That was freaking badass.

Floyd inspire me everytime I watch his training videos. People can hate the guy all they want, nobody trains as hard as this guy. He's the most dedicated fighter in the sport. And I think that in life, like in boxing, if you want to be the best you need to be training/studying/working when your ennemies are sleeping.

Emmanuel Augustus inspired me for the way he has taken so many fights with less than 1 week notice, to go beat young guys and get robbed in the process.

Im sure I forget some others...
      Great post! Thanks for sharing.

Comment

George foreman taught me to protect myself at all times and stay stocked with the finest of rubbers

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
          George foreman taught me to protect myself at all times and stay stocked with the finest of rubbers

Comment

Oscar inspired me to have a wank.

Prime Oscar, obviously. I'm not a faggot.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              Oscar inspired me to have a wank.

Prime Oscar, obviously. I'm not a faggot.
              Me too. His weigh ins are too much. Froch has that effect on me also.

Comment

Working...
              X