Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does this NBA tournament play out???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I'm biased but I think Kareem has a field day against them. Those Bulls teams never had to face elite centers to win their championships (outside of Patrick Ewing) so there's always that what-if.

It's the same reason why I wish Jordan hadn't retired during Hakeem Olajuwon's two title runs with Houston. Would have loved to see how those two squads matched up in the Finals.
    Jordan, Pippen and Harper would've locked down all of their shooters, and let Hakeem get his. It would be the same strategy a lot teams used against Dwight Howard's Magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Came to post just about word for word the same thing.
      That's why you're that dude, and I usually find myself agreeing with your opinions.

Comment

88-89 Pistons should be a higher seed in this bracket.

They retired the Celtics, fended off the up and coming Jordan Bulls -- and swept the Lakers in the Finals. One of the best playoff runs of all-time.

And then won it all again the following the year.

Comment

Seeding would be so subjective....obviously the 2001 Lakers are better than 15 but the seeding was done by best regular season records.

Comment

Originally posted by baCCaT View Post
            does seeding matter? cause the 5th seed is meh..
            As much as I hate the Celtics, the 2008 team deserves to be on there. Seeding was done by best regular season records.

But that 2008 Celtics team had a great run. 66 win season. 3 lock Hall of Fame players in Pierce, Garnett, and Allen. Potentially down the line Rondo could be a HOF player as well. Tony Allen one of the best lock down defenders in the NBA. Went through LeBron and Cleveland, as well as Chauncey and the Pistons who were in their 6th straight conference finals appearance. Then in the finals, took out Kobe, Gasol, and the Lakers who eventually went on to win back to back titles.

That 2008 Celtics team was legit.

Comment

2000Lakers were pretty unstoppable. They would have mopped the floor with any team since that year.

Comment

Working...
              X