No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vasyl Lomachenko is Expected to Sign with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SOLARflare View Post
    I'm guessing you've never heard of Guillermo Rigondeaux. He's pretty good, you should check him out.
    How many years did it take rifondeaux tonfight dor a title? And was it in his 1st or 2nd pro fight?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Hmm, I just looked over Top Rank's list of fighters and they do have a heavyweight. Andy Ruiz Jr.

Maybe Bob just didn't think he could make money with Usyk.
      Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
      I'm sure, it's 10x easier to make money with a young Mexican HW with talent and a fun style. If he was half as good as Tyson, that'd be a guy you could build a scene around.
      Usyk wont come cheap just like Vasya. He's a very high quality guy, one of the best amateurs in the world behind lomachenko and someone will do much better with him in europe anyway.

Comment

Glad to hear they're turning pro (in the traditional, non WSB sense).

Comment

Wait, so if he signs to Top Rank would that mean he tied between two promoters because i could of sworn he signed to Aiba as well?

Comment

You can hate on Arum all you want but he knows how to build superstars

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              Pretty good signing from top rank. But it also means he won't be fighting for a belt anytime in the near future
              Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
              How many years did it take rifondeaux tonfight dor a title? And was it in his 1st or 2nd pro fight?
              The article didn't mention that Vasyl said he hopes to fight the Salido vs Cruz winner in his 2nd fight and he should make his debut around the time in October. I made a thread about this a few days ago.

Originally posted by killacash View Post
              Wait, so if he signs to Top Rank would that mean he tied between two promoters because i could of sworn he signed to Aiba as well?
              No he's not.
              Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-24-2013, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                Usyk is an awesome prospect, but problem is, TR doesn't deal in HW or CW. All the action is in Europe. He should sign with Frank Warren. JK, he should go K2, seems obvious
                I agree. Both fighters should.

Originally posted by Random_Boxer View Post
                You can hate on Arum all you want but he knows how to build superstars
                As fans we're more interested in him fighting the best before his prime is over.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  I agree. Both fighters should.

As fans we're more interested in him fighting the best before his prime is over.
                  If he wants to sign with one of the major promoters its out of his control and between the two Top Rank is a better choice. In his weight range Mares and Santa Cruz are the only GB fighter i can think of Garcia, Rigo, Verdejo, Valdez are all Top Rank while most the other top guys are with other promoters TR could still work with.
                  Last edited by Mikhnienko; 07-24-2013, 04:17 AM.

Comment

Hopefully they fast track him

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
                      If he wants to sign with one of the major promoters its out of his control and between the two Top Rank is a better choice. In his weight range Mares and Santa Cruz are the only GB fighter i can think of Garcia, Rigo, Verdejo, Valdez are all Top Rank while most the other top guys are with other promoters TR could still work with.
                      I think Mares is a free agent now. I see what you are saying but I would like to have seen K2 do what they're doing with Golovkin and keep Lomachenko active fighting 4-5 times a year until he establishes his name.

Arum could leave him on the shelf, particularly if he has to pay him 600k a fight. Bradley had complaints about that and had to call meetings with TR to hurry them up, he was considering leaving them.

Comment

Working...
                      X