No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Receives a 'Two Year Sanction' From USADA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Erik Morales Receives a 'Two Year Sanction' From USADA

USADA announced today that Erik Morales of San Ysidro, California, an athlete in the sport of professional boxing, has tested positive for a prohibited substance and has received a two-year sanction as a result of his violation.

Morales, 36, tested positive for Clenbuterol, in two separate urine samples collected out-of-competition on October 3, 2012 and October 10, 2012 in Mexico. Clenbuterol is a prohibited Anabolic Agent under the USADA Protocol for Olympic and Paralympic Movement Testing, which has adopted the World Anti-Doping Code (“Code”) and the World Anti-Doping Agency Prohibited List. Both samples were collected as part of an anti-doping testing program conducted by USADA for a professional boxing match that took place on October 20, 2012, in Brooklyn, New York. [Click Here To Read More]

In other words they retired him.

Comment

Good this bum needs to be gone from boxing

Comment

Probably just don't wanna see him get hurt too.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
          Good this bum needs to be gone from boxing
          Bum? Your bias has shined through strong here.

Comment

Originally posted by brickcityboxing View Post
            In other words they retired him.
            No, in other words they cant do anything so they made a "2 year sanction" that has almost no effect at all, other then probably not being able to fight in the US

Comment

eh thats cool, everyones on ****en something like i give a crap about a old timer trying to keep up with the younger lions, i actually feel good about this for i want him to retire, seeing him healthy living his life means a **** load to me..

Comment

Originally posted by iLovesoccermoms View Post
                eh thats cool, everyones on ****en something like i give a crap about a old timer trying to keep up with the younger lions, i actually feel good about this for i want him to retire, seeing him healthy living his life means a **** load to me..
                The problem with that though is he wants one final farewell fight in his hometown not to try and win a title.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
                  No, in other words they cant do anything so they made a "2 year sanction" that has almost no effect at all, other then probably not being able to fight in the US
                  You've always got a comment contrary to something I'm saying. No network is going to get behind him until he has paid his debt to society. So yea he can probably fight in Mexico. But for nowhere near as much money and not on any of the big networks. He's 36 years old a 2 year sanction is essentially his pink slip.

Comment

his last fight was horrible, slow and couldnt do jack. he needs to retire

Comment

Working...
                    X